Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fisherman
637 Posts
Yeah it is fun as hell. U need a gun with some good recoil. Put your finger through the trigger guard and wrap your finger through your belt loop. Let the recoil of the gun fire the next round and so on. Just go to u tube and type in bump fire. You can also make a (BUMP STICK) for a semi automatic pistol, which is just a piece of board with a peg sticking out of it.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Waste of ammo.
I guess if you wasted enough ammo practicing bump firing to get good at it there might be value if you were ever over run by a crowd of unarmed people. But if one of the crowd had a gun you would be dead when you stood up from cover to bump fire your rifle.
+1 to that.Bumpfiring is nothing more than to create a ewww and ahhh when you and your buddys are shooting.It has no practical use.But, if ya want to use up your ammo quick for giggles, there is no better way.:D:

Reactions: test

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
Bump firing is great for wasting ammo, looking cool, sending a friend to the hospital, and getting arrested.

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,428 Posts
There is a U-Tube video of a guy that attaches a big rubber band around the back if his AR-15 trigger, winds it around the magazine well and then back to the rtear of the trigger. He gets pretty good results from that wthout having to even stand up.

I agree with the others though, waste of ammo.

·
CHEERS :p
1,946 Posts
I tried this bump fire technique once with my bolt action 303 but the results were always the same.....just one round fired ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
This works well with a paintball gun since quantity tends to prevail over accuracy. I've managed to find that "sweet spot" with my paintball gun trigger.

·
AAAH GET TO ZE CHOPPA!
1,554 Posts
I don't get the appeal of bump firing. I certainly wouldn't want to be near someone who was doing it. To me that is akin to people going ghost riding with their cars. I'm not going to say "there should be a law," but people forget that Darwin is hard at work cleaning the gene pool, along with his friend Mr. Murphy...

·
Gettin There
1,584 Posts
I think it is too dangerous, especially with a heavy recoiling rifle. There was a video on youtube, I can't find it anymore, of a guy bump firing an M1A. The recoil knocks him on his back while the gun is still firing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I tried this bump fire technique once with my bolt action 303 but the results were always the same.....just one round fired ;)
Easy answer, just cut the chamber as deep as needed for multiple rounds to be chambered in the barrel at one time. Be sure to take video and pay up on your medical insurance. :D: The sale of the video might even pay for your hospital or funeral bill.
I'm here to help.
Kids and everyone else, don't try this at home or anywhere :thumb:

Best regards, John K

P.S. I used to get quite a few "Bump Fire" bolt action rifles into my gunsmithing shop. You bump the rifle and it fires. Some people should never try to do their own trigger jobs.

·
Slayer of Sacred Cows
588 Posts
You can find the "sweet spot" on a trigger and still have it up on your shoulder and use the sights or a red dot.

Use a good steady and consistant hold on your rilfe/carbine that works for you. One that minimizes muzzle rise and side to side movement during recoil.
Work on your trigger control so you can snap off a round just as your sight picture settles on the center mass of the target.

Remember this ain't for long range match shooting but more for CQB type situations. Like when the fast moving zombies are through the wire.;)

·
Preparing since 1972
5,612 Posts
5.56 Federal XM193 is what i shoot and at 50 cents a piece it's expensive...BUT hot damn auto fire is always fun ya gotta do it once in awhile...:thumb::D:

·
Anarchy: the way to be
683 Posts
5.56 Federal XM193 is what i shoot and at 50 cents a piece it's expensive...BUT hot damn auto fire is always fun ya gotta do it once in awhile...:thumb::D:
I'm going to guess you're shooting that out of an AR-15...

Be really careful auto firing an AR, the direct to bolt gas system can heat up the bolt which causes the gas tube to develop a bulge. This bulge lets to much gas through the pipe, which causes the bolt to move to quikly and causes mass jams.

IMHO never fire more than a 3 rounds burst at a time, and don't do those too rapidly. Ar's are very nice weapons, but they are easier than you think to break.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts