Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the largest bullet weight available in this caliber, in a factory loading?

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
Remington offers a 225gr loading, sepossedly the best load for Grizzly bear for the caliber. According to the Alaskan Department of Wildlife.

Rifleman 336

·
glock snob
346 Posts
in my 3 rd addition of the hornaday reloading manuel 220 grn is about it at 2600 fps that is a lot of ass in my opinion !but you can go as low as 110 grn so you have a wide range to work with if you reload ! that would make it a very usefull weapon for any situation !!

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
To me the most all round, useful weights, for 30-06 are 150 grains to 168 grains.
IIRC the M1 Garand ammo, in WWII was 147 grains, but not sure.

I'd say find a couple weights, in that range, your rifle will shoot consistently accurately and stock up on them.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you shoot a 225 grain bullet in a 30-06 you will need a 1:9 twist rate to stabilize a bullet that heavy.
I don't know what the rate of twist is in an '03A3 is, but it should not be too difficult to find this out.

No, I was just curious about the cartridge.

I'm not looking to knock down any buildings, or anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts