Survivalist Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't see this mentioned elsewhere, so let me tell you what I found this past weekend: My in-laws have been into prepping since about 1998 and live in southern Michigan. On a visit there, it was suggested I take a look at the stores in the northern Indiana town of Shipshewana. It's an Amish/Mennonite/tourist town with horse-drawn wagons on Main Street, hitch rails in the parking lots, etc. I had a list of some common items I wanted to get to round out my storage pantry and the local prices I've found for them, so I only bought what was a better deal than at home. Here's what I got:
50 lb. Whole Wheat flour
40 lb. Oatmeal (20 quick + 20 regular)
5 lb. Baking Cocoa
5 lb. Salt
5 lb. Baking Soda
4 12-oz. jars instant coffee (I'm a fiend for the stuff)
5 lb. 9-grain cracked cereal (we use it in homemade bread)
6 lb. 7-grain rolled cereal (ditto)
All for $105.00! The savings on the coffee alone more than paid for the gas to drive there (same item is more than $10 @ Costco, I paid $5.29) The store is called E and S Sales and they do mail order as well as walk-in business. I passed on their bulk rice, beans, and sugar, since I common;y get them for better prices at home. Definitely worth checking out if you're going to be within an hour's drive.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can this be moved to General Discussion? I was careless and clicked the wrong heading! Sorry!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.