Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a quick question. I've been looking around and so far the cheapest ammo I have found that I can buy in bulk (.223) is from Aim Surplus.

.223 WPA (Wolf) .223 55gn FMJ 20rd Box
Quantity Pricing
1 or more $4.19
25 or more $3.99
50 or more $3.79
100 or more $3.59
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...=WPA+(Wolf)+.223+55gn+FMJ+20rd+Box&groupid=21

So far with the limited amount of wolf I've shot, I've had good luck with. My question is, are there any other deals out there better than this? Either cost wise per round or better ammo for about the same money?

Thanks.

-Ash

·
Being Prepared
311 Posts
Go to the local gun range and sweep up once fired lake city brass and learn to reload. You can load thousands of rounds for a fraction of new.

Bubba

·
Capability, not scenarios
11,959 Posts
The only thing about Wolf I do not care for is the steel case. If you get the kind with Lacquer finish on the cases, there have been reports of jams in chambers related to that.

It is a good price, though.

As a general rule, the cheapest I've seen decent bulk .223 ammo is for around 30 cents a round--that's boxer-primed, brass cases.

·
Registered
781 Posts
The only thing about Wolf I do not care for is the steel case. If you get the kind with Lacquer finish on the cases, there have been reports of jams in chambers related to that.

It is a good price, though.

As a general rule, the cheapest I've seen decent bulk .223 ammo is for around 30 cents a round--that's boxer-primed, brass cases.
They don't use lacquer anymore. Here's a good video:

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,529 Posts
There are firearms forums on this site. Ammo sources are commonly discussed there. You would have found your answer in about 5 minutes without having to start a thread about it (in the wrong section at that).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts