Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
gagged
3,833 Posts
I am not surprised people here used the long barracks for a general store and tore down more than half the Alamo before the DRT stepped in. Why the building was not property marked as a historic site? How did they get a permit for demolition on a historic structure? Those are local government issues.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very true those are indeed local government issues. You still have to wonder why the federal government never stepped in at any point in time considering the significance of that building. Knowledge of the history of what occurred there seemed to be known, yet no one went through the necessary steps to insure the future safety of the building for future generations. Though I do remember my middle school texas history teacher telling us about that happening with the Alamo.

·
Registered
431 Posts
It is sad that construction companies would want to tear down nice quality constructed buildings like that and replace them with 2x4 trash which will not last 100 years. Land is valuable and our society does not really care about history or historic structures. All someone needs to say is a building is unsafe and they can easily get permission to tear it down even if it has historic significance.

·
One with everything...
1,808 Posts
So... are they going to put it back together? Or use this to say it's now unsafe and must be torn down.

Then again, considering the dotgov wants the Bill of Rights demolished... Yeah. Never mind. Like that huge cathedral in Moscow their gov tore down during the USSR, they'll probably try to make it a parking lot or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts