Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Building a network is a good idea, especially when you have family members and good friends that live close by.

One of the problems that I see, is people who move around a lot. These are the people who work for the oil companies, or do specialty jobs for large companies. They might be in a location for 2, 3 or 4 months and then they move to the next job.

·
Governance Without State
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point, Kev. We should think about how these people might take special steps to develop their network. If anyone out there is a frequent flier who has nonetheless worked to build a network, we'd love to hear how you did it.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,637 Posts
Kev has provided on these forums, groups. Depending on the State you live in, you can join that section and network.

I just posted our new networking site for NC. Its basically a networking page and forum for those local to us to come in, learn, prep, and get to know others. Through these boards, I have met many new friends. Many whom I trust and care a lot about. Many of whom are really bad ass!

So start up a networking group. Do it here, then branch off to your own private one. (not to leave here, just to allow you to become more personal with your fellow, local survivalists)

I suggest for privacy you make your own website and forum for your group. Again, your not taking members away from here, just making it more personal. Its better for security and trust.

Keep in mind that respect has to be maintained. If you want to start a group, be honest about it. If they are not interested, no problem. They can still be friends with your group. If you want to just have contacts, or meetup friends, that is also ok.

Just make sure you are clear, honest, respectful, and open. Don't do or talk about anything illegal. Don't get upset that someone has a different goal, direction, opinion, or out look then you.

One way to meet people locally is through www.meetup.com, or Craigslist. Host a few free classes, and get to know people. Your network will grow, and you will eventually have a circle of friends, whom you have a ton in common with. People you can get drunk, rant on a forum, and they still love you the next day.

Just remember a few things. Be honest and no one owes you the creator of it anything. They are free to leave as they wish, or even start their own group. Maybe they are conspiracy theorists, and your direction just isn't extreme enough? Fine, let them go.

I would avoid anyone who wants to start a militia, anyone who wants ranks, anyone who wants you to sign anything, anyone who is an extremist, anyone who has a criminal history, or anything other then just good old homesteading and survivalism.

Keep out the BS before it starts.

Your land is your own. Just because you join a network, or make a few new friends, doesn't mean you or they owe you ANYTHING. Even if the SHTF.

Personally I would also avoid any dues, fee's, buisness deals, or CoOp Planning. I have never seen it work with out one person being in charge over the next or someone ending up loosing money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.