Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDC Depotwill be giving away 10 X-Large Spy Capsule (color is our choice). The 10 recipients will be the first 10 people who respond to this thread and agree to the rules below. After receiving the X-Large spy capsule you will have 2 weeks to build your mini PSK (Personal Survival Kit). The challenging part will be if you can cover the following categories: water, fire, shelter, signaling and food with items that will fit within the X-large spy capsule. You can post pictures as you build your kit but you must provide at least one picture of your complete kit. When the 2 weeks are up and the pictures of 10 participant’s kits are posted we will set up poll to vote on the winner. The prize will be an AuquaMira Filter, Light My Fire Mini Fire Steel, AMK Heatsheet, Sun Featherweight Mirror and Sun Triplegage.

Rules:
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- Shipping address in U.S. (sorry international shipping is too expensive)
- Have the ability to post pictures on the forums
- You must have at least 5 posts on the forum

Notes:- The contest will not officially start until an announcement is made in this sub forum. I want to make sure everyone has received their X-Large Spy Capsules.
- If you do not make it into the first 10 recipients of the X-Large Spy Capsules you can still participate if you already have an X-Large Spy Capsule.

Once we have 10 participants I will PM them for their shipping address. Please let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'd would love to participate. Go ahead and throw me a PM.

Oh, by the way, I was wondering WTH "singling" was and I determined it to be "signaling." If not please feel free to verbally slap me and correct my error.

·
USMC Veteran 84 - 01
2,163 Posts
Mini PSK complete

I appreciate the opportunity to test the capacity of this capsule. I was expecting something a little bigger. But this is a great product if you put some thought into it.Here are the pics of the Capsule and contents. I had to get innovative with this one. Thats where my vacuum sealer came in handy. Items in pic 1 left to right, top to bottom
1) 15' small diameter cordage for securing leanto or hasty shelter poles.
2) 12"x 12" square folded aluminum foil. Can be used for signaling in sunlight and also fashioned into a cup for boiling water. Also have vacuum sealed 6 water purification tablet inside foil.
3) 15' of 40# test snare wire
4) Small penknife. I carry at least 2 knives on my person. But you can never have too many knives.
5) Vacuum sealed fishing kit with matches. Vacuum bag will also hold 8oz of liquid and could be used to transport purified water.

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great job! I like the use of the vacuum bag. I had an instructor give me the following advice about building a survival kit. "Pack items that you cannot manufacturer in the field." For most this includes a blade. I have made a few of these mini PSK's using the X-Large capsule. One of the biggest challenges was finding a blade that was functional and could fit in the capsule. I will share what knife I used when the contest is over.

Nine more to go. Keep them coming.

Please let me know if your capsule has not arrived yet.

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
I got mine and am working on it little by little. It was much smaller than I thought it would be. I usually have a 30 or 40 gallon trash can liner as a makeshift shelter but looks like thats out :D:.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.