Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about this, why build a sun oven if there is wood to burn? I could see the advantage in the fact of burn bans in dry, Summer weather. Even then a propane stove is at an advantage because it cooks fast. The only reason I see to have a sun oven is being without firewood or propane.

Nonetheless it would be fun to experiment cooking food in the sun. So this brings me to thinking, in my mobile bug out reality a sun oven on top of the car on a long road trip might mean a hot cooked meal upon arrival.

Any thoughts?

·
Crazy old man
1,286 Posts
I understand you live where there is plenty of fire wood, sometimes you don't want smoke to give your location.:eek: So a solar cooker is great idea.:thumb:

·
Really?
16,125 Posts
Why not , all of the above? Having options is a Godsend........btw, in the winter, we wrap out meals in A foil and set them on a hot vehicle moter( truck or crane or manlift) to heat .

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
15,613 Posts
Thanks for the photos, you are certainly living in Gods country. But while a solar oven might be fun to play with in the summer, I think you would get a lot more use out of a reflector oven placed by the campfire. I believe the only real difference would be adding a plexiglas front pane to the reflector oven when you want to point it at the sun. If you used tempered glass you could use it in both applications.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts