Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If possible I will be bugging out to Arkansas from Orlando this week. If I can get money out of the bank and if it is still worth something I may have a chance. If anyone can help me find a place in NW Arkansas give me a shout.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'll be right up the rode in springfield,mo.
Rogers,Bentonvilla and Bella Viesta Land ain't cheap but won't be as high as Orlando it's very rocky land My Aunt and Uncle lived in Bentonvilla on top of a hill.
In his garden he had a pile of rocks as high as the 3 wire fence I asked where'd all the rocks come from he said the garden and if you saw the garden you wouldn't think he took any rocks out ,there was more then that in the garden I asked how do you get anything to grow He said if the root's get started it will grow anything it is good soil but lots of rocks.
Find something away from the bigger city's and you might find some cheaper land, if you do get some guinea's to keep the ticks down.
You can also look in southwestern Missouri lands about the same.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you describe what a guinea is? How big are they? Would they be friendly or would I have to worry about them biting me?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
A guinea is a domestic fowl. About the size of a chicken and act like chickens. They DO make great watchdogs as they will raise cain whenever they perceive a threat. Often they are put in the pens with chickens and small livestock to help protect against coytes, bobcats and other predators.

They taste good too!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The population centers are huge. I have been over most of Florida and I can't think of a place there that I'd feel safe. Like I said I should've been gone 6 months ago.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Do you have a plan as to what you are going to do once you get there? Bugging out is done with a plan. I have place in NW Ark and can tell you it is not cheap there anymore. It is either WalMart of Truck lines up there. JB Hunt, Willis Shaw, PAM, are truck lines based in area around SPringdale, Rogers, Bentonville, Fayettvile. You will need work. The chicken business is hiring all mexicans. The area is home to Tyson.

Think through what you are doing before you take off. Being homeless in NW Ark is just as bad as Central FL.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am going to buy a house with land that is secluded for about 100k. Then stock it up.grow a huge garden and raise some goats if possible and guard what I have. I figure things will get bad soon so I probably won't have to hold out much longer than 4 years. I am looking at Newton County. Hopefully I won't be working.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The population centers are huge. I have been over most of Florida and I can't think of a place there that I'd feel safe. Like I said I should've been gone 6 months ago.
There is alot of open land in Florida outside the major cities. Florida raises more cattle then Texas. With a long growing season and seasonal rains.... why leave the state? I agree with leaving Orlando though... that place will have a major violence problem if/when the system crashes.

·
Registered
578 Posts
If you have the means to do it, you probably should. SHTF or not, you will have a better quality of life in Arkansas than in Florida if your goal is to have a small homestead and be more self sufficient. Just make sure you have thought it all through and will be able to support yourself.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
As i said, I love ARK. I have a place in NW AR. Just wanted to be sure you knew that employment would be an issure. If you are set then more power to you. Great choice. On my land we have natural springs and geat view. I will be up there this weekend.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts