Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Every malnourished kid with an AK is gonna see that as easy pickins.

I dont think they could stand out to the locals any more even if they tried. (Hey look at that the white folk are leaving in a big ass expensive convoy)

If they run, they can never hide with all that $$$ in equipment/gear.

I see dead people, they dont even know they're dead...

·
Registered
8,454 Posts
wow ... the Malcom X and Holder of South Africa on the same news broadcast ... isn't it always interesting - the people that aren't in any danger or have a taxpayer paid bunker are always the ones debunking the danger ....

I certainly hope that the major joint convoy has better convoy planning than this individual's plans .... with a pick up truck towing a trailer he couldn't ram his way thru two little ole ladies pushing a tea cart ....

·
Twinkies
1,741 Posts
wow ... the Malcom X and Holder of South Africa on the same news broadcast ... isn't it always interesting - the people that aren't in any danger or have a taxpayer paid bunker are always the ones debunking the danger ....
Well what did you expect for those in power and safe to say? "oh dam you are all going to die!" I don't think you will ever hear that from any leader. :rolleyes:

·
Sua Sponte
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will say this about Deon , He's either very SMART in that while showing his preps he didn't show any arms , or he's very STUPID in that he just showed that he doesn't !
Owning guns in South Africa is pretty simple for whites. The laws are there to basically keep the blacks from owning them. I think we can assume he/they own guns but simply didn't want to show them.

Over all, I thought that the video was an interesting commentary on the whole OPSEC thing. It really doesn't matter if you have all of your 'good' neighbors in on it and your plan is to leave the neighborhood with the expectation that all of the other neighbors are enemy combatants. If you assume from the beginning that they are going to attack you, then the only aspect of OPSEC that matters is how well you can defend yourself - not if you got cool stuff to take.

YMMV,
Chad

·
Misidiotate
350 Posts
Owning guns in South Africa is pretty simple for whites. The laws are there to basically keep the blacks from owning them. I think we can assume he/they own guns but simply didn't want to show them.
Incorrect assumption. Gun laws are the same for everyone. Our licensing application process is quite arduous and strict. On the positive side we do not have inane laws with mag capacity, suppressors, flash hiders, grips, SBR's etc. (will post some more on this some time in future but slightly off topic here). Most likely if he showed his guns his firearms renewal application would be thrown out.

Over all, I thought that the video was an interesting commentary on the whole OPSEC thing. It really doesn't matter if you have all of your 'good' neighbors in on it and your plan is to leave the neighborhood with the expectation that all of the other neighbors are enemy combatants. If you assume from the beginning that they are going to attack you, then the only aspect of OPSEC that matters is how well you can defend yourself - not if you got cool stuff to take.

YMMV,
Chad
Personally I think he is a dumb ass to blow the OPSEC for his group (and other groups) in the area. The Suidlanders basically work on the principle that everyone meets at a first rendezvous and then bug out to an undisclosed location. If TSHTF he will be watched and everyone at the rendezvous will be wiped out. He has just painted a massive target on his back.

·
civilizationsend.com
1,504 Posts
Lol .. what americans dont understand is there are about 800 000 suiderlanders.. most armed to the teeth .... and most are ex sadf ... most are farmers... and used to hard living...
The current army in za has about 35 000 active members total... only ... the suiderlanders actually outnumber them

they are organized and prepared in rather large groups...

as for opsec... no worse then preppers on discovery channel ... all they show is the inside of a garage .. and a a very average farm road. Thousands of roads looks like this one...

personally I dont think they have much to worry about... also they defenately have a BOL ... thats part of their plans .... just cause they never went there with the reporter doesnt meen it doesnt exsist ....

to give you an idea there are 50 million ppl here ... 9 million whites ... and 800 000 siuderlanders thats about 1 in 10 are members and preppared with full blown comms networks , preps and firearms... they are also mostly farmers with stacks of food. and thats just the suiderlanders prepping group ... there are others that are smaller and less well known.

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
I highly doubt that these saffer preppers will be driving anywhere near a real danger zone.

Best guess from the looks of the suburb, they will be going in the exact opposite direction from the threat and already live a fair distance away.

Secondly, unlike the doomsday preppers, you can bet that they are much better prepared than they let on or are willing to show.

From the Saffers and Rhodies I've met, they have more of a clue than most here in the US, they live this and more everyday. Looking at the houses alone tells a story one could learn from.

Bars on the windows and doors, 6'+ solid fence, this is not your suburban Denver house, despite being in a nice neighborhood.

The residents are under a polite siege.
Nobody is knocking down the door to rob, rape or murder for the moment. But it could happen at any time.
And they both know it and are generally ready.

·
Registered
578 Posts

YMMV,
Chad
Owning guns is SA is not for whites only and the laws are not there to keep blacks from owning them. That is absolute BS!!!

The Fire Arms Control Act 60 of 2000 was the brain child of the ANC government. Their 1 st and utmost priority was to disarm the law abiding citizen of SA and the ethnic group that had the most guns were the white people. So I will make this irresponsible statement to say they wanted to disarm all the white people. Plus they wanted to make it difficult for anybody else to get a new gun license.

In fact I know from a source working at CFR (Central Fire Arms Register) that the previous Brigadier in charge (Brig Bothma) had a letter from his superiors (ANC politicians) that gave him the mandate and order to decline a lot of new licences and especially that of white males.

Bothma was later fired and stripped of his rank but he used this letter as his Ace and he got reinstated with a comfortable job some where, where he will work until he can retire. They sidelined him completely and they keep him out of the spot light for a reason.

The main reason why they fired Bothma was, because off class action law suits and lots of negative press in the media about CFR service and the new FCA law. The ANC government wanted a fall guy and Bothma was their perfect man up to the point where he threatened to publish the letter to the press.

Back then there was a backlog of almost 1 mil licences and they appointed a task team to handle the backlog. In November 2011 they cleared the backlog and from 2012 we had much better turn around times. My last Glock 19 Gen 4 took 37 days from hand in until I walked out of the gun shop with the gun.

Our licencing process is a pain and I explained it a couple of times on this forum before. There is a sh!t load of paper work to be done but any one can get a license. I know a couple of black IDPA(SADPA) shooters and they get their licenses in the same time frames as any body else.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
AS someone mentioned, there are 800 000 suiderlanders. Keep in mind, when Rhodesia was kicking the crap out of their enemies (before the UN declared little Rhodesia a world threat) they numbered a total of 500 000. in total we are nearly 10 times the size of little Rhodesia here in SA. Whether we show integrity like the late great Ian douglas Smith remains to be seen

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Lol .. what americans dont understand is there are about 800 000 suiderlanders.. most armed to the teeth .... and most are ex sadf ... most are farmers... and used to hard living...
The current army in za has about 35 000 active members total... only ... the suiderlanders actually outnumber them

they are organized and prepared in rather large groups...

as for opsec... no worse then preppers on discovery channel ... all they show is the inside of a garage .. and a a very average farm road. Thousands of roads looks like this one...

personally I dont think they have much to worry about... also they defenately have a BOL ... thats part of their plans .... just cause they never went there with the reporter doesnt meen it doesnt exsist ....

to give you an idea there are 50 million ppl here ... 9 million whites ... and 800 000 siuderlanders thats about 1 in 10 are members and preppared with full blown comms networks , preps and firearms... they are also mostly farmers with stacks of food. and thats just the suiderlanders prepping group ... there are others that are smaller and less well known.
I have been meaning to mention this for a while, and keep on forgetting to do so.

I have done some layman's research and calculations, and it seems as if the benchmark for able-bodied men is 20% of a population.

You are MOST welcome to employ your own criteria and assumptions to come up with a different answer, but here are mine:
  1. a population
  2. the percentage of persons between 15 and 40 years old (it seemed prudent to get over my own vanity and draw the line somewhere short of conceit).
  3. equals around about 41% to 46% (I could not find statistics for white South African demographics).
  4. divide that by slightly >two to compensate for the fact that there are more women than men, then
  5. shave off a little bit for the sick, lame, and lazy
  6. then shave off a little bit more for the helpless, hopeless, and lost
  7. then add back in the exceptions - those older men who, of necessity, would stand their ground (I am talking of older chaps who would put up a mean defence out of sheer bloody-mindedness or for the sakes of their families even though they are not in mint condition)
and you end up with a loose guideline of about 1/5 white South Africans being "males of an age to fight" or "males more capable of fighting than they are likely to compromise any given fight by their mere ineffectual presence".

On another thread we discussed the likelihood of people staying in SA rather than running away, and we ended up more-or-less agreeing that it would be something between 10% and 20% of a population of 4,586,838 according to the 2011 census. Shall we call it 15% for the sake of an argument, KK?

15% of 4,600,000 (assuming a nett increase in the intervening period since the 2011 census) minus those living overseas, who are unlikely to return, = a nice round 4,500,000 x 15/100 = 675,000

x 20% (males 15 - 40) = 135,000 fighting men.

Frightening, right?

135,000 men at arms in the face of Southern Africa's aggrieved.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
In Sparta you HAD to bone your wife and make her pregnant before dying in war. At least according to the Zog movie 300 with that Scottish dude face Butler. So you have to include the randy guys who knocked up their wives. Bitches better learn to raise sprogs without us.

Point 5 does not apply. The "more Women" theory is because women outlive men at geriatric ages. Youngsters have identical numbers from what I recall in High School.

AS for the percentages that leave? Why are you not referring to SvR and his minion Snyman? Did they not say ALL the jingoes will leave?

Thats more like 40% gone and leaving.

You also didn't account for the Hendsoppers like Max DuPoesface who will become joiners. :D:
Slimy little weasels that join whatever side serves them.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.