Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought id get a few opinions on a BOV paint job. First and for most I dont want camo! I think camo attracts too much attention and I want to "blend in". The current color is white and I have some fake septic company stickers on it to make it not look like it would have too many supplies and be just a plain work truck. I think white is a good color for blending in with a city but my BOL is in the country so I would like something a little more difficult to see at night and blend with the natural area a little better. Like I said before camo is out and I would like it to look nice, not fancy, but nice :). I live in the Texas panhandle and for the most part we are semi-desert, grass can green up in the spring but goes dormant quickly so greens arn't really usefull most of the year. That leaves me with shades of gray, tan and brown. Any suggestions for a single color would be great!

·
Registered
633 Posts
I think your thinking is right on track! A camo paint job right away fits into a stereotype you want to avoid. I will ass that if you went with a realtree type camo that it would have more of a good ole country boy look. I would go with a flat brown or darker tan. Grey is also a good option and as think about it could be the best. Doesnt have the immediate anti government groupie appearance and will work well in urban and rural. Again the key is a flat color with black trim.

-Nate

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive been looking at other vehicles as im driving and the "toyota" browns and some of the platniums and grays seem to hide pretty well but I thought id see what some other people hear thought,

and the Realtree or grassland hunting pattern trim isnt too bad of an idea, I wear a cowboy hat and boots everyday so I wouldnt look too outa place. LOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you know what, Thats another thought I had. I do have some septic pumping magnets form a freind of mine who owns a septic company along with a dirty looking hose that I keep in the toolbox. Also with the truck already having 23 year old white paint, may lend itself to the blending a little bit too.

Thank you for your advise

·
Ephemerally here
6,875 Posts
Dead Grass Khaki, with Stone Grey Flat Primer at "Repair Spots", and Run it though the Blackberry Thorns a Bunch! Take one or more Hubcaps off, Paint wheels different colors, and take a Tire marker/Tailor's "Chalk" from your Local Tire Shop, and Mark "Leak" with an Arrow on One of the Tires.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
You can get the paint company to flatten any color you choose. But yes, the light to light medium browns are most inconspicuous at night in your area. Plus a surplus camo net would help if you chose to go with another color. Might want one anyways for overhead cover.

Just a thought, some fake company magnets? Maybe something gross, septic company..................JK

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
i'll be using Rustoleum's "Charcoal Green" satin, enamel on my cj5a project. it will go well with the black fabric doors and the bumpers and trim will be in black as well. the color is a medium gray with just a hint of green. blends in very well with most environments. and being satin, doesn't reflect much and is easy to touch up with a spray can. also, enamels are a little tougher than lacquers.
just a thought.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.