Survivalist Forum banner

How much would you spend on a well built Bug Out Trailer/ Off-Road Trailer?

• $0-5,000

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • $5-10,000

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • $10-15,000

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • $15,000+

Votes: 1 5.6%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Depending on the level of construction and use (can it be turned into a sleeper, how much can it haul, what kind of hitch does it have on it, weight, can the wheels and tires also be used on my BOV in a pinch, is it enclosed or can it be covered etc.) I would say $600-$1000.

The difference being are you looking at something like picture 01 or picture 02?

Attachments

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Adventure Trailers Horizon model is $12K...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't think I could put all that information in the Poll. I'm building a enclosed, long travel trailer with cargo cabinets on it and wanted to get a feel how much people would be willing to pay for one. The one I'm building I'm thinking about pricing it in the 10-15k range but the basic trailer being 5-10k

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
I tried to find it in a search but couldn't, there was a guy on here that won an old military tool trailer and turned it into a pretty cool BOT. I couldn't find the thread but i know its here somewhere. I know he did most of the work himself and saved some serious $.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Have you ever thought about trying to get through traffic with a big survival trailer.I was in hurcane Rita and it took 26 hours to go 190 miles.i think the best opshion is an f250 diesel with a camper.almost every gas station had diesel none had gas.if u do decide to build the tralier put the least important stuff inside.good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts