Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People always seem to ask about bug out bags, bug out vehicles, locations etc..

I am taking the following saying, and using it as a thought process. Maybe it can help you in your plans..

The saying I got from a gun site. It goes like this...

" a pistol, is used to fight your way back to your rifle.."

With that in mind, consider the following..

Your BOB can only carry so much.. it is your "pistol" keep it light, but fully loaded.. its job is to get you to your BOV.

Your BOV, is your rifle.. it can carry more, and get you futher then the bag alone.. you BOV is used to fight your way back to your BOL.

Your BOL is your fort! this is the place where you are making your last stand.. so to speak.. You BOL should be well stocked, and able to keep you going for a long term stay.. it is also where you can resupply your bag and your vehicle should you need them to get you to another BOL.

I think some people are putting too much into just one thing.. alot of us are so concerned with just our bag, or vehicle that they are overlooking the fort.. or vice versa.. the point is to not put all your eggs in one bag.. you need enough in each to get you thru..

your bag, is just a means to get you to a certain point.. then your vehicle is just another means to get you "home" and your home, should be the means to keep you safe until the next time... remember, all things need to be flexible.. dont stop with plan b. you need plans A-Z.. and all of them need to be adaptable...

Hopefully this line of thinking will help some people with their preps..

-MadMike

·
DILIGENTIA VIS CELERITAS
727 Posts
I guess it depends on the event. I am of the mindset that when it is time to make that decison I will make the best one when the time comes.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I live within sniffing distance of a nuclear plant. I really don't have a choice but to bug out should the need arise. I'm going to be traveling to Wyoming this summer to look at little parcels of land I get for BOL.

·
A little a day adds up
75 Posts
True, everyone's situation is different. Some may have to travel a great distance to get to their BOL. Roads might be blocked, or gridlocked with traffic, and you might have to leave your BOV behind. Some might be able to walk to their BOL in several hours, while others it may take several days. You also have to take climate into consideration, and plan and pack accordingly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts