Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all I was wanting to know what firearms you would take with you in a bug out situation.

Primary: Marlin 336 in 30-30
Secondary primary: Ruger 1022 strapped on my pack, tactical stock and 25 round magazines
Secondary: Heritage rough rider 22Lr/22 mag in my heritage gun belt and holster

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not to knock your choice of sidearm, but personally I would want something with a little more capacity, speed and punch.

I think a hi-cap 9mm would do just nicely. But again, that is just my opinion.

My List:

Primary: AK-47: AMD 65
Secondary: Glock 19
Other: Kel Tec PLR22

The AK and the KelTec would probably stay in my backpack until needed for either defense or hunting

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it just came to me off the top of my head and its interesting to see what other's choices would be . I choose the heritage 22 for any small game hunting purposes and for a LAST resort self defense in case my marlin ran out of ammo or it malfunctioned while loading (which has never happened to me). The 22 revolver also happens to be the only pistol I own right now so until I get another handgun it will have to do.

·
Bad Moon Rising
9,074 Posts
Stop it. You're killin' me here.

I have an old CAR-15 from 1978 around somewhere, and a beat to sh*t Colt .45 under the couch.

But I won't be bugging anywhere, I'll be out in the garage smoking a cigar. Good luck on the interstate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just in mine I have...

Marlin 336W 30-30
Mossberg Maverick 88 12GA
Old Henry 22LR Repeater
Keltec P3AT 380ACP
Ruger LCP 380ACP

Working on getting more, but I have to get my ammo up to speed before another gun comes into the picture. I have been stockpiling ammo now for about a month and a half and this is what I have so far...

30-30 400 Rnds.
12GA 100 Rnds. #8 Bird, 15 Rnds. 00 Buck, 15 Rnds. Slug
22LR 825 Rnds.
380ACP 150 Rnds.

This is what I want my pile to look like before mid next year...

30-30 1,000 Rnds.
12GA 1,000 Rnds. #8 Bird, 50 Rnds. 00 Buck, 50 Rnds. Slug
22LR 10,000 Rnds.
380ACP 2,000 Rnds.

I finally have all my reloading gear up and running so I have been reloading what I can. The 30-30's are Hornady FTX 160GR. bullets used in the LeverEvolution ammo with IMR 8208 XBR Powder and CCI 200 Primers. I currently havn't loaded 380ACP's yet, but it is my next round with Hornady XTP 90GR. JHP Bullets with Win 231 Powder and CCI 500 Primers.

·
Super Moderator
12,549 Posts
I use a game cart to bug-out with, so I'd take all my arms, at least those I have now.

PTR-91 .308 MBR
Glock 21SF .45 ACP handgun
Custom Remington 11-87 12 gauge shotgun
Beretta Tomcat .32 ACP hideout handgun

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
there is a company that makes adapters for the 30-30 (chamber sleeve) that takes .32acp cartridges. good small game getter and if I can believe what I've read practically no report.
I have on for my '06 but have'nt tryed it out yet.
the maker is in Ak.

·
American fearmaker
14,248 Posts
I tend to believe in having a scoped rifle in my arsenal. The idea behind the scoped rifle is that I will have enhanced accuracy available should I need it for hunting food and/or precision shooting when required. The rifle does not need to have the ability to strike at great distances seeing as how survival will be more of the issue than open combat. That is why I often suggest having a scoped AK in a survival situation. A scoped AK is a rifle one can use for personal defense or hunting deer or feral pigs with good effect.

So a scoped AK or scoped rifle of some sort.
A good Glock pistol or Ruger revolver for close range personal protection.
A shotgun so you can take down small game of all kinds and use for home defense.

That pretty well covers most of your shooting needs as a group.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.