Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for bug out bag and bobs and it says sorry nothing. I am looking for lists to see if I am on the right track. My bag feels really heavy but it was heavy empty and I havent added food.

·
Semper Fidelis.
327 Posts
You've searched this site for B.O.B. threads?
There are thousands. If its heavy empty just get a large/medium ALICE pack with frame. Keep in mind that you wont be able to go on amazon and search bug out bag and get results. You need a military surplus pack or a good civilian hiking bag.

·
"Nothing is over!"
702 Posts
#1 advice, go to You Tube and search bug out bags. People show off their BOBs contents. Make a list of items or good ideas you see there. This was how I got mine together. It might sound crazy but you'll be suprised at some peoples ideas.

·
In 3-D
142 Posts
I can never get searches to work either, but if you scroll down to the bottom of the search page, you'll be able to find the cloud, and in bold you'll see bug out bag. Just click on that and you'll have what you're looking for.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I can't understand why search engines can be made to search on three letter words (plus a space) or a three letter word and an asterisk..

I never noticed the list of searched down at the bottom of the advanced search page.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just been looking at contents listed on the "pre-packed" B.O.B.'s on online stores and been creating an inventory on my computer while i pack the items I've gathered. Its helped me see my priorities. Im gonna laminate the list and keep it in my B.O.B. for quick reference.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
What I did was to create an Excel spreadsheet with a tab for my EDC, my GHB, and my BOB. I highlight the items in the EDC or BOB that need to be transferred to my BOB (which is also my camping bag). I also highlight things that need to be checked/done ahead of time (if I have warning or plan to use it), like charge/top off batteries, freeze ice packs, fill canteens, etc.

In the past I did not always leave my BOB all packed ready to go so I would use the spreadsheet as a checklist. Also, the pack varies depending on the season, so it would be a reminder to replace the long johns with a T shirt and shorts. Further some things I used to use on a daily basis like a cell phone charger, but now i have duplicates and don't need to add the daily use item to the pack.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here is what I plan on putting into a 3 day LA Police Gear backpack, everything would equal around 17 pounds with out my water filter, food, clothing, and comms.

Top Outside pocket has the following (in no particular order):
(8) tea lights and a bic lighter in a vacuum sealed bag
Altoids stove
(1) roll flagging
Surefire g2 nitrolon flashlight
(1) box wet fire fire starter
(1) box fuel gel
(2) chem lights
whistle/thermometer/compass combination
emergency mylar sleeping bag
(3) sets hand warmers
(2) vials Denatured Alcohol
(1) vial dryer lint
Bottom Outside pocket contains:
extra zip lock bags
canteen lid
100' Neon Yellow paracord
mylar emergency blanket
rain jacket
rain pants
Inside top pocket holds:
(2) chem lights
magnesium fire starter
can opener
spork
fire starting tinder
zip lock with note pads, pen, pencil, sharpie, matches
(6) energy bars & some Aluminum foil in a vacuum bag

Main compartment holds the following:
canteen/cup/stove
hatchet
Jerky
water filter
survival matches
(12) cr123 batteries clear peilican case
(4) pcs nite ize figure9 cord locks with 6' cord each
gloves
9 x 11 tarp
first aid kit

·
Kibitzer
6,631 Posts
Pics or more info on Altoids stove.
Canteen lid? Extra?
Can opener? P38/P51 or FRED? Clone?
Spork? Metal, plastic or TI? LMF? Homemade?

·
Founder
16,867 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pics or more info on Altoids stove.
Canteen lid? Extra?
Can opener? P38/P51 or FRED? Clone?
Spork? Metal, plastic or TI? LMF? Homemade?
that is a list from another survival board, I just ordered 2 sporks from rainier arms. can opener is a little metal one, canteen lid I dont have, and I am looking at google on how to make an altoid stove.

·
Kibitzer
6,631 Posts
This is a list from another site that has nothing to do with what you've got???

How old are you and does your mom know you're on the computer?

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
You know, one more thread on bug out bags wont hurt... he's new, lets throw the man a bone. :)

For a get home bag I have a Maxpedition Falcon 2. For a bug out bag, I have a condor 3 day assault pack.

I also have a scouting bag, and an assault pack. This is for when I am at my BOL or BIL and I am in need to defend or patrol it.

What you need varies on the objective, so I try to have something ready for what ever comes along.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
To be perfectly fair you can't successfully search on BOB. Yes there are some terms upon which people might like to search that are shown at the bottom of the advanced search page, but I never noticed them until they were pointed out in this thread.

It's too bad the search engine would not allow searching on BOB* or any three letter acronym as we use a lot of them here.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
You've searched this site for B.O.B. threads?
There are thousands. If its heavy empty just get a large/medium ALICE pack with frame. Keep in mind that you wont be able to go on amazon and search bug out bag and get results. You need a military surplus pack or a good civilian hiking bag.

LOL, I think I've got 4 or 5 of my own ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts