Survivalist Forum banner
5K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  eeyore 
#1 ·
Some states only let people hunt deer with buckshot - no rifles are allowed. Even with this factored in, about how much buckshot are people stocking up on, and what kind of buckshot do you use?

As for myself, I am only stocking about a hundred rounds or 00 buck in 12 gauge.

I figure that people that live in shotgun only states will have more buckshot stocked up then people who live in states that can use rifles.

#2 ·
I only have 50 rounds of buckshot but am building up to 300-500. I consider its use more in subdivision (short range) combat/defense. I'm good on 308 but need more of certain calibers. Those numbers are for worst case long term applications and also possible barter with some one that only has a 12 guage. With caution of course.

#3 ·
If I were to stock up on buckshot, it would be for the reason that nightshift gives. I'm not stocking up though since if comes to the point where I'm hunting as part of a survival situation I expect I won't be too concerned about past hunting regulations.

Cheers,
-Per

#4 ·
I have stocked over 2K worth of 00, since this is easiest forclose range security.
We all need too sleep, and many won't be competent with other weapons.
12 GA will be the best for "Quick" training, and the camps "Roving" patrol will do just fine with this.
Everyone will need too pull thier own wieght, and "Guard" duty will be just one more of those mundane task that must be done.
Just a thought from my part of the world.

#6 ·
I live in a "shotgun county", i have several hundred rounds. I actually hunt (when i used to hunt) with slugs. Even in a smooth bore a slug will give you a decent pattern. Slugs provide much more knock down power at a further distance, then buck shot will.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.