Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has to have been discussed on here already but I can't find a thread. If someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. If not - here's my question:

Is there a browser, not related to google or duck duck go, that is truly safe in that it doesn't keep track of your searches or use cookies or direct targeting ads, and doesn't give their money to left leaning organizations?

The possibly best one I've heard about is Brave but it's a fund raiser. Good or bad?

I've also heard of Vivaldi but it's a deep web search engine -- is that good or bad?

Obviously what I'm trying to find is a browser that isn't tracking my every move and that isn't supporting liberal agendas. Does one even exist?

·
-.-. --.-
2,212 Posts
Okay, so the best browser byte for byte is Firefox.

The "most secure" browser is a debated and tribal issue.

Firefox + NoScript + Greasemonkey (for modifying scripts) + uBlock Origin + HTTPS Everywhere + Facebook Container (if you still use Facebook) is about the safest browser you can have on any platform.

Google Chrome is hardcoded to send data to Google

MS Edge is hard coded to send data to Microsoft

Firefox does send data to the Firefox Organization for ads, I know you can anonymize this data by turning off targeted advertising.

·
-.-. --.-
2,212 Posts
And the CEO of Firefox is jumping onto the Censorship bandwagon.
Mozilla CEO Says Deplatforming President Trump Isn't Enough
That is unfortunate, but doesn't change the fact their browser is open source and is still extensible enough to block the evilness.

I'm not defending the Mozilla Foundation here, but they're in a bad spot because if you look at how Parler is being erased, the foundation itself is a 501.c3 and could become a target of the future administration if they don't toe in line. Do I not like it? Yep! Do I think they particularly care? No.

·
Premium Member
2,794 Posts
Try the Dissenter Browser, just get rid of Duck Duck Go

Dissenter telling me this, is open source
    Ads and Trackers Blocked
    HTTPS Upgrades

·
That'll be the day...
3,800 Posts
And the CEO of Firefox is jumping onto the Censorship bandwagon.
Mozilla CEO Says Deplatforming President Trump Isn't Enough

Well poop.... Time to ditch Firefox.

From my military buddy in web security.... He says to use TOR.

BLOCK TRACKERS
Tor Browser isolates each website you visit so third-party trackers and ads can't follow you. Any cookies automatically clear when you're done browsing. So will your browsing history.

DEFEND AGAINST SURVEILLANCE
Tor Browser prevents someone watching your connection from knowing what websites you visit. All anyone monitoring your browsing habits can see is that you're using Tor.

RESIST FINGERPRINTING
Tor Browser aims to make all users look the same, making it difficult for you to be fingerprinted based on your browser and device information.

MULTI-LAYERED ENCRYPTION
Your traffic is relayed and encrypted three times as it passes over the Tor network. The network is comprised of thousands of volunteer-run servers known as Tor relays.

BROWSE FREELY
With Tor Browser, you are free to access sites your home network may have blocked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a lot of evidence to point that TOR has a lot of "poisoned nodes", ie exits owned/operated by the feds or worse.
Every system and service there are poisoned nodes, but it is up to each of us to use common sense to not partake in stuff like that.

Use it to not be tracked by these obviously politically motivated anti-constitutionalist criminal providers and dont use it for nefarious means and you will ok.

·
Premium Member
2,794 Posts
^^^^ Nothing someone complained about Duck Duck Go and I was just relating then don't use them

·
Registered
137 Posts
Duck Duck Go is a thousand times better than Google, but I still find it to be suspect. Any company that runs ads, which they do, does something to pay for those ads and if you're not paying for the product, you are the product.

·
Registered
266 Posts
For Brave, you have to op-into the fund raising feature. Don’t want to participate, don’t turn it on.

·
Forum Administrator
16,797 Posts
I recently switched to the Brave browser. Had an issue with Brave playing netflix, but once you enable a setting things worked fine.

Sad to say but I used firefox for close to 15 years. I only diteched it because of the ceo post on the mozilla blog.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Good luck finding Dissenter right now. I havent been able to find anything but articles for it since Google decided to dump them over Gab.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
I know this has to have been discussed on here already but I can't find a thread. If someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. If not - here's my question:

Is there a browser, not related to google or duck duck go, that is truly safe in that it doesn't keep track of your searches or use cookies or direct targeting ads, and doesn't give their money to left leaning organizations?

The possibly best one I've heard about is Brave but it's a fund raiser. Good or bad?

I've also heard of Vivaldi but it's a deep web search engine -- is that good or bad?

Obviously what I'm trying to find is a browser that isn't tracking my every move and that isn't supporting liberal agendas. Does one even exist?
Here's one strategy following these two links:

Use Icecat Weasel, but for Windows, you'll have to rely on someone else compiling it for you:

Otherwise, you will have to settle for Firefox.

From there, you can do the following:

Install and tweak the browser to remove support to Mozilla.

Include addons, at least uBlock Origin, Cookie Auto Delete (CAD), and Multi-Account Containers (MAC):

Configure CAD so that it deletes all cookies unless whitelisted (for logging in to some sites, and if you don't to re-login each time).

If Facebook is needed for personal use, create a container using MAC for it, and configure the container so that any time Facebook is loaded, it will be redirected to that container. That isolates Facebook for other sites.

If Facebook is not used personally, there's no need to make the container, and you can choose to create a fake account if necessary, e.g., to view particular videos. Do the same for Twitter, Google (for Gmail, Youtube, etc.), i.e., fake accounts.

Make some more containers for banks, stores, etc., in the same way as Facebook. Google, Facebook, etc., won't be able to track you in those containers.

For personal Google accounts, install and use another browser, like Iridium (a Chromium browser).

For higher privacy, you can probably use Tor, but browsing might be slower. There are also some paid VPN services to consider.

For search engines, try the same privacytools,io site above. Probably Searx.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts