Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yep I’ve been puttting anti fungal cream on it last night and today. Does it look like a spider bite at all?

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,602 Posts
I’ve only seen one brown recluse bite and it was several days old. It was much worse than that, to the point of the center was starting to sink in and it was turning black.

It’s really best not to take a chance on opinions from people online, go to a doctor or urgent care facility. Get a professional opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I agree.... if it looks any worse tomorrow I’ll go to the doc.

Alien experiment...? Now yer talking... 😊

·
Super Moderator. I'm helping!
8,215 Posts
Ehhhh, doesn't look like a TYPICAL brown recluse spider bite. BUT ... you need to get that looked at sooner rather than later.

Doesn't look like typical ringworm either, but, again, doesn't mean it's NOT ringworm just that doesn't look like any ringworm I've seen.

I had what was 2 little, barely visible dots on my leg that itched a little (honestly I thought it was a mosquito bite at first) that I noticed on a Thursday morning while getting ready for work. 24 hours later it was hot, hard and oozing. I called the doctor's office and they put me off until Monday, telling me to use hot compresses and NSAIDS.

By Monday morning at 9 am I had a golf ball sized abscess (even though it had been draining PROFUSELY since Saturday evening) and the very faint beginnings of a line running up my leg. If my appointment had been any later than 9 I would have been at the ER.

I wound up with a leg full of gauze packing, 10 days worth of antibiotics and a husband who I now know will be worthless in any kind of surgical capabilities whatsoever should SHTF. :p Oh ... and a nifty little dent in my leg where that bite was. Doc says he thinks it was a spider bite but definitely not a brown recluse. Not enough tissue necrosis.

·
Wind
1,222 Posts
No fang marks an looks like a ring worm that has been scratched or rubbed. Treat for ring worm. A spider bite swells just like a sting over a lil time an the two fang marks are easy to see in the knot formed by the bite.

·
Awesome
17,074 Posts
i cant see the photo, says im banned.. anyway, i had ringworm once when i was a kid, i got batted in the face by a house cat and it developed at the contact point. it didnt swell or anything, but the mark was noticeably circular in shape, pretty easy to tell from a spider bite.. a recluse bite should have a hole in the center of it that'll start to turn color

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,826 Posts
I have a nasty sore on my leg. Red ring, whiter in the middle, oozing fluid and a few pus filled spots, itchy, sore. I live in the Keys. Before I head to the doctor....Is it ringworm?
Did it come on sudden? Looks like a basal cell carcinoma to my untrained eye.

·
Unemployed Philosopher
375 Posts
ScrewWorm ?

I believe I read that ScrewWorms have returned to the keys.

I don't know how the bite looks an didn't find anything on Google...

But whatever - you should get it checked ASAP.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
950 Posts
for any spider bite the best thing to do it draw a ring around it with marker , If i gets bigger go to doctor. But that is a ring worm. Blue ribbon or vicks vapor rub will solve that problem quick.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts