Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ministers are considering spending up to £12 billion on a database to monitor and store the internet browsing habits, e-mail and telephone records of everyone in Britain.GCHQ, the government’s eavesdropping center, has already been given ...

More...

·
Pastor
1,965 Posts
I am surprised they have not done this sooner.
They have been spying on Americans under treaty with the U.S Gov. for years, via
the Echelon program.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
you mean LESS restrictions on our privacy

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
A democratic police state, been evolving since WW2. The events since 2001 is their justification to do what they could not before then.
It is one thing to gather and store all this info and intel, the most difficult part is real time analyses and distribution.
This was part of the problem in the first gulf war, the shear volume of intel overwelmed the human real time analyses factor, hence long delays in getting the information to the front lines, by then it was out of date.
Granted it is more sophisicated today, but the human factor is the weak link.

·
V
21,713 Posts
got nuttin to hide so "F#ckem"

I know all the invasion of privacy stuff, BigBrother and police state blah blah, but theres NOTHING I can do about something like this so I'm not going to worry. Best to watch the situation and act accordingly, tbh the only surprise's here are the facts, it's actually been in the press and not already in effect.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
given our gov's record on keeping our details secure this is more bad news.
yet more personal information for them to lose at our expense.
I am suprised that they dont already do this tho.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This has solidified in my mind my long held desire to , when I have the funds , move to remote legion of Norway....

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
British local councils already legally can and have listened on thousands of occasions to emails and calls, under anti-terror legislation. And hundreds of other services have the same access, far more private than public. Notice that many of such State departments and businesses do not require a police background check. The sorts of people targetted are those who could be lying about where their current address is for an example, in an attempt to get their child inscribed to a school in a better catchment area. Frivilous things like that have come of this legislation.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/7343445.stm

Seems this proposed new system will only make what has already been happening more centralised.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
I'm not happy about this but I trust the commanders of the British police and army to serve the people.

They swear allegiance to the Queen not the British government.

If things go "topsy turvy", I trust them to do the right thing for our people.

Don't think that America doesn't have the same capabilities in place, we're just more open about it in Britain.

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
I don't trust this government,the police or any other government agency and i say FCUK em and all they stand for.

And if you are listning to me right now FCUK you too,you know were i am if you don't like it.

Im so sick of this invasive Government with there FU----- cameras every were and there spying tactics and stupid laws.

FU-- the ID cards
Fu-- ya cameras
FU--ya poncy police
FU--ya gun and knife laws
infact FU-- you all you bunch of elitist pr-cks

There you go,rant finished.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
There is a great series on PBS right now that deals with this. It's part of the Masterpiece Theatre program under their "contemporary" banner. Check it out it's called
The Last Enemy.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
I'm not happy about this but I trust the commanders of the British police and army to serve the people.

They swear allegiance to the Queen not the British government.

If things go "topsy turvy", I trust them to do the right thing for our people.

Don't think that America doesn't have the same capabilities in place, we're just more open about it in Britain.
bang up job theyre doing so far... :D:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts