Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is no big surprise to anyone in the marketing business for guns, knives, tactical gear, and training etc realizes that the people spending the majority of money are men. How much of that do we share with our families.

Early on in my police career I was chosen to attend lots of schools. Even people that did not want to go to the schools were jealous because I was. Several times comments were made to me about going to another school. My reply back was that the reason that I was going was that upon my return from other schools I had a reputation of sharing the information that I had gained.

Given our current economic uncertainty and what is likely to be serious attacks on our right to bear arms it is more important than ever that we do our best to educate and train those that we care about.

It was my father who introduced me to firearms in the way of hunting. I doubt he ever thought that years later I would reintroduce him to firearms of the tactical variety.

Just yesterday I took my nine-year-old son Frankie to the range and we spent some time shooting my first gun, a Savage Crack Shot 22 LR. After that he went through what seemed like 100 magazines with the Ruger MK II 22 LR pistol. By the end of the day he was just obliterating the middle of an index card at 10 yards. This is an investment that I believe will pay dividends with my grandkids.

Often in our house the conversation turns to the right of self-defense when something is on the news or a TV show. When was the last time you spoke to your wife or teenage daughter about the physical part of self-defense. Awareness and avoidance should always come first but have you given them any basic skills?

Having open hand and weapons skills in addition to first aide skills along with lots of gear is great. It is even better if you share it and bring others into the community.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I share all I learn freely, without infringing on someones copyright (i.e., I'll show you the moves I learned from a book, but I won't copy it for you).

Right now I have the Other Half ready to go to a defensive handgun course so she can keep herself safe if I am not around.

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
I agree 100% Mercop and since I'm in a sharing mood I'll contibute to this by say my wife is nieve to the happenings of the world and would like to remain that way. My daughter on the other hand is becoming pretty good at remembering what I talk to my wife and others about to the point where she resights me and corracts me at times. You see I know my wife has know interest in the concept of survival but i purposely inidate her with all that is going on to the point where she gets pissed but I've accomplished one of my goals and that is to say it in a way and loud enough for my daughter to hear and comprehend. Last year I built her a rifle and have taken her shooting neumerous times, she's gotten pretty good. Here's where I start sharing.

Modified Ruger 10/22

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's awesome bro, the hell with the 22, you better get a shotgun cause she is a cutie. Let me see if I can dig some pics up.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
If folks don't want to listen you can't share. I find that is the case with edible plant info. People just aren't interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts