Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ole punk from podunk
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at some point i'm gonna be in the mkt for a good IWB holster an have pretty much narrowed it down to these two. anybody have carry time in either holster. the thing i like about the supertuck, is they offer v-clips, which go on the inside of your belt with some type of velcro. which eliminates the hooks that can be seen worn over your belt when ccing.let me know. thanks...pk

·
Experiment 626
2,311 Posts
I have just ordered a supertuck for my full-size HK USP .45.
I will post when I get it and see how it does!

·
Grouchy Infidel
1,559 Posts
I have one for my Springfield.

A friend of mine ordered an MTAC at the same time I ordered the Crossbreed so we could compare.

Few off the top things you should know.

The kydex on the MTAC is changeable, you can order as many different models as you like, as they are interchangeable. The Crossbreed is not, the kydex is riveted to the leather.

The kydex on the Crossbreed is thinner than the MTAC, you can affect to an extent, how tight the fit is for the weapon in the holster.

The clips that ship with the Crossbreed are metal, they will scar a nicely finished duty belt rather quickly, also, where the cross is on the metal, that section is weaker than the rest of the clip due to less material where the cutout is. If you catch a clip on something or pull wrong it will bend there at the cross.

I ordered it with the deep cover clips, these are plastic and work much better.

The MTAC uses less leather and the clips are smaller, they are also closer together. If your intent is all day wear with a dress shirt tucked in, me when I'm at the office, then the Crossbreed is very comfortable as it spreads out further and the slab of leather will become like a second skin.

I do wish it had interchangeable kydex as I do carry several different types depending on what I am doing. The one I ordered will handle any 1911, the bottom is open so anything from an ultra compact to a full size will fit just fine. Sometimes though I do carry a Glock, it would be nice to be able to just change the kydex out.

So far I like the Crossbreed. I carry 24/7 and I'm a lot more confident with this holster to assist with not printing and so on. With the deep cover clips there isn't even a lip under the belt, no visible portions at all can be seen.

·
Experiment 626
2,311 Posts
So I have had my crossbreed for my HK for a couple of weeks and am very pleased. I just ordered another one for my glock 36. It is VERY comfortable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts