Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I may or may not be able to go into greater detail in what I state below in this post, but remember this is a brief summary)(Please read the entire post before replying to it)

I believe that we as humans simply do not know whether or not there is a higher power or "something". If the term Agnostic is correct in it's definition that I have read, then Agnostic is what I am.

I used to debate against Christianity and religions similar to it, but instead of debating on whether a belief is true or not, this is my current focus(possibly more controversial):
I no longer focus on whether a religion or belief is true or not, but instead on how religion and it's beliefs affect the mind, society, and humanity both positively and negatively. I admit that I do focus more on the negatives though, but this is probably because the negatives produced by religion/religious thinking usually provide far more evidence and proof over the positive.

My other Christianity-specific controversial thought is that even if the Christian Bible were true, I disagree with it. I would not want to go to Heaven or Hell. Eternal paradise is just as unappealing to me as a eternal suffering.

There is of course so much more, but feel free to comment on my views. I do not get offended, but if you attempt to directly insult these views, I do not find you to be stable enough of a candidate to listen to, for hatred and anger are not only usually unnecessary in modern times, but it can hinder or alter the point you are trying to make. Besides, according to what I have read in the rules, insulting as such is not allowed on these forums*.

I have included an attachment that I find humorous, I hope that you don't find it insulting. I assume that if you are Christian that you are at least aware of these views on your beliefs, and if not, then I hope this picture will let you be aware at how some people view your beliefs and help you understand why those people feel that way.

*When I say "these forums" I am speaking of the "Survivalist Forum", not the "Religious Discussions" forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Besides, according to what I have read in the rules, insulting as such is not allowed on these forums*.
Just FYI, that doesn't really stop anybody here. :thumb: Besides, yes, that graphic is in fact insulting to some Christians, and you know this, so don't be surprised if you get some flak thrown right back at you.

·
Registered
9,102 Posts
I feel its a good place to be, when one questions any religion and sees them all from a different direction outside the box.

If others did as you do, the world would be a far better place.

I think we should all sit back once in a while and see our religions/faith systems as others would.

Until we all see the commonalities between religions instead of the differences will we all truely find peace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts