Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Awesome
18,077 Posts
but has the issue actually been properly fixed yet?.. theres reason to believe sig knew about the issues with the trigger as far back as 2011 with the P250 which is an almost identical trigger mechanism.. what exactly have they done to remedy the problem?.. its an interesting pistol, and has a lot of room for all sorts of interesting aftermarket parts and accessories, but im not sure i trust sig when they say theyve fixed it

i am more interested in them since they came out with a completely different grip style for them.. i hated the original grips

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
but has the issue actually been properly fixed yet?.. theres reason to believe sig knew about the issues with the trigger as far back as 2011 with the P250 which is an almost identical trigger mechanism.. what exactly have they done to remedy the problem?.. its an interesting pistol, and has a lot of room for all sorts of interesting aftermarket parts and accessories, but im not sure i trust sig when they say theyve fixed it

i am more interested in them since they came out with a completely different grip style for them.. i hated the original grips
I wouldn't buy one. When I first heard about it I was surprised, when I saw how fast they came up with fix it made me think they knew the problem existed and released it anyway and figured they'd offer then fix when the complaints started rolling in.
People see Sig and HK as top quality and they're willing to pay top dollar to get one. I can't believe they would allow their rep to be damaged like that.

I think they should have used the new beretta, or maybe the px4

·
Awesome
18,077 Posts
I wouldn't buy one. When I first heard about it I was surprised, when I saw how fast they came up with fix it made me think they knew the problem existed and released it anyway and figured they'd offer then fix when the complaints started rolling in.
People see Sig and HK as top quality and they're willing to pay top dollar to get one. I can't believe they would allow their rep to be damaged like that.

I think they should have used the new beretta, or maybe the px4
my vote would have been for the M&P 2.0 which is no less modular than the P320.. first lie about P320 modularity is caliber conversions.. you can switch from 9mm to 40 on just about every 9mm handgun out there and the P320 cannot go from a 9mm to a 45acp.. its caliber conversions are the same as every other 9... the other lie about modularity is going from a full size to a compact because 9/10 times everyone going to a smaller frame will also go to a smaller slide and wow.. now you have a whole new gun, i dont see the grip size swaps being that useful

at the end of the day a P320 is no more modular than a G19 or an M&P

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/02/01/the-army-is-working-to-fix-flaws-in-its-new-handgun-after-critical-dod-report/

https://sofrep.com/98976/dod-evaluation-says-armys-new-sig-sauer-p320-service-pistol-riddled-issues/

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/01/robert-farago/sig-sauer-p320-9mm-pistol-problems-u-s-army/

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Don't worry about it. It's not the first time TFB has been last to the party. It was announced on Kitup! back in May 2017 that the other services were also going to adopt the MHS.

In other news, four days ago Kitup! announced the Marines were earmarking funds for FY2019 to start making the purchases. Look for TFB to make the announcement in 2020.

https://www.military.com/kitup/2018...y19-funds-buy-thousands-armys-new-pistol.html

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
... the other lie about modularity is going from a full size to a compact because 9/10 times everyone going to a smaller frame will also go to a smaller slide and wow.. now you have a whole new gun, i dont see the grip size swaps being that useful

at the end of the day a P320 is no more modular than a G19 or an M&P
The bigger lie about going from full-size to compact is that it matters. For standard-issue service use, it doesn't.

Show me a healthy adult who can't use a Beretta M9, Glock 19 or M&P and I'll show you someone who doesn't need to be in the military, or at least, doesn't need to be in a role that would ever see combat. This should not have been a factor at all, or maybe a very minor factor, but it was treated like the only factor.

·
Errrrr
5,680 Posts
LOL......if we've waited this long for 1911s I wager some of us won't be around when they start to release the M9 for civilian purchase. By that time, the anti-gunners may have succeeded.
I'll compromise with them on this one. They can have the M9's. Garbage guns, all around.

I'd trust my life with a High Point before an M9 any day of the week.

If I'm gonna shoot a crap gun, I'd like it to at least be cheap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.