Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for any tips on how to get over breaking up!

My gf of 20 months and I broke up the other day! :(. Bitch cheatd on me she finished her! :(

Feeling a bit down tbh and its nice to be able to get this off your chest (I think because I dont know any of you properly its easier to tell)

Its not so bad, although do get a few dreams bout her. Thats the hardest cause you cant help what you dream.

Any advice ? any cheering up ? Its all appreciated! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Don't dwell on what you are missing, consider what it would have been like if she hadn't done it now, but after you've been together even longer. Perhaps after you ended up marrying her. Don't let her loyalty issues ruin your life.. Walk this one off as a lesson learned in the trust department. You simply didn't know her as well as you thought. get back up on the horse.

Just like a shot to the nuts.. Walk it off.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
It takes time. Just remember how much better you are off than if you had married her and had kids. It takes time and you need to get it off your chest. It is okay to vent. You are among friends. the best way to get on is to get it off your chest. Next time look more at what she is about. You can love someone and not like them. You need to be best friends with a spouse. If you are into survivalism it is really important that your significant other buy into what you are about. Too many times people think they can change their spouse once they get married. It isn't so.

YOu will be okay. Let it have time to heal.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Vegas and strippers. Lots of Strippers. Afterwards, become a professional junior college student. You will forget about her in no time.

Now would be the perfect time to go after her hottie friend...

Seriously though, sorry to hear about your breakup. You do need to ask yourself (or even her) what need of hers were you not meeting?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Vegas and strippers. Lots of Strippers. Afterwards, become a professional junior college student. You will forget about her in no time.

Now would be the perfect time to go after her hottie friend...
That's totally uncool to joke at this poor guy's expense. if your boyfriend cheated on you, I'm sure you'd feel the same.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Spend some time bettering yourself. Exercise, play sports - it will help ease tension and depression. Don't shut yourself in or close yourself off to family and friends. Withdrawing may seem like a good thing to do, but once you do the walls start closing in. So try to hang around people that care about you.

And... like everyone else said, get some strange.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Back in college had a GF of 3 years and we broke up. Nearly killed me. But, I got over it in time and married a hottie! Ironically enough, the girl that broke up with me, got married, popped out 2 kids, got divorced and tried to look me up and get in touch with me. She is HUGE now. I am talking clear the buffet huge.

So don't worry about it...just picture her clearing the buffet :)

Success is the best revenge!

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I have been through the gauntlet of women in my life 13 to be exact. I am having a tat with all of them represented by a circle of broken hearts and in the middle a cross. Why the cross well that is one love that will never leave me. Go get laid I think that is important because your mind is addicted to how that thing made you feel. If you are sobbing and lonely **** shower and shave put on the best clothes you can manage and get out. And do not go to the bar where you met her or you use to go. Hit the lounge at the best hotel in town. Man I tell you if you have a job it will be ok. The Finest women in town are at the Hotel lounge and they do not care if you are a carpenter as long as you are a clean and fairly good looking guy. The Good looking does not matter as much as are you a man. And never (never) talk about her and how she screwed you. Forget her name and do not look back you have no ties to her no children. You are a good man and some beautiful woman is waiting for you to ask her if she would like to have dinner with you. You may be asked why don't you come to my house and have dinner. ;) I am happy with my wife of several years and we met on match.com and we were thousands of miles apart. This is your chance to be someone else. Don't drink and smoke to much it makes you look like that is what you live for. and wear some good cologne not to much that will make you a 1% guy because most of us wear Old Spice and think its good. Hey cheer up everyday that beauty is closer so smile and laugh women love it if you are having a good time so will they SMILE. If you are stern faced and serious it is hard to tell if you are lonely or an ax murderer. Oh ya I have five kids and 11 grand children. I focus on being the grand father they love to see this is how things should progress. You will be OK say it, I will be OK.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
That's totally uncool to joke at this poor guy's expense. if your boyfriend cheated on you, I'm sure you'd feel the same.
Look goomba, it is called humor and cheering up. That is what he asked for.

Judging by your avatar, your are not one to talk about having a boyfriend. Unless you just think your sister is better....

Break ups suck. My ex wife and I were together 14 years. It is hard on everybody around you. People change. But you do move on and will most likely be happier for it down the road. If his GF did not respect him well enough than to cheat on him, he should do himself a favor and and not beat himself up for it.

Don't forget that your friends and other support network will be there for him. And if a few months go by and he still cannot help but having feelings for her, then try to get some closure as to why she cheated. If she comes off like there is still a chance between them, it will be up to him to pursue it.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Try to keep busy. It is the bordom that makes it hard to forget. it makes you spend too much time dwelling on the past. Good friends help alot also.

·
I travel light
2,026 Posts
After a breaking, I usually went drunk, party, started again La Vida Loca, and worked until late. After some 3-4 weeks of getting drunk the entire weekend, I usually knew a much better girl. And this wonderful, exciting cycle repeat itself I don´t know how many times until I falled in love with my little ball and chain. You´ll have what you deserve. Just remember, life is short. So Carpe Diem, amigo. Ride to be free, be free to ride. And ride to free, freezing beer, even better. :D:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts