Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Via Twitter:

@jimsciuttoABC - Man arrested at Arlington National Cemetery w/ammonium nitrate, spent 9mm shells in backpack. Ethiopian nationality

@WestWingReport - Pentagon: the man arrested this morning had backpack. Inside: ammonium nitrate, spent 9mm shells, Al Qaeda related docs

Also, suspicious car in bushes - Police conference shortly.

From AP
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PENTAGON_SUSPICIOUS_VEHICLE?SITE=AP

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
459 Posts
and now a comment from our president on the incident....
" In response to the recent potential domestic terrorist act, we will have to take the following precautions to avoid future possible attacks
1, today i am authorizing DHS full control over our roadways and signing an executive order giving them full search and seizure over vehicles and their contents...as you know this is for our safety and liberty,we must stop these potential vehicular terrorists in their tracks

2.we are beefing up the washington dc security by calling in the national guard,various swat teams from around the country, navy seals,green berets,border patrol units,treasury agents,atf agents,fire departnment chiefs,water commision supervisors, i have signed another executive order limiting travel and public gatherings in the washington dc metro area..all public non violent demonstrations,sightseeing,picture taking,movie filming,live news broadcasts,public park strolls,jogging,yoga in the park,stopping for a red light,flat tire changing will be handled as a domestic terrorist event and responded to accordingly,,,

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FBI at press briefing says it appears he was acting alone.
Did not discuss the contents of the backpack, other than inert materials found.
No device was found.
Investigation ongoing.

·
Bushwacker
1,479 Posts
I call BS.
Nah. If that were the case, then we would infact be fueling Terrorists at their job. If anything, there's more to the story.

When I was in Korea doing Unit Patrol at the base enterence gates we had a truck try to come in with a guy hiding in the back. Turns out the guy hiding was not only of eastern nationality, he was concealing a weapon in the truck. This was before the Iraq War hit off, when this stuff should have made news, but it never did. Infact nobody on base but us ever knew it even happened. Soon after it became a rumor only, that I and only a few others knew was legit.

News doesn't always travel, and when it does, usually it's only part of the story. But the government doesn't mess around when it comes to Terrorist activities. That would serve no purpose.

·
Freedom isn't free.
6,205 Posts
To my understanding, "Amonium Nitrate" alone doesn't make an explosive and even when mixed as ANFO you still need a high explosive to set it off.

Look for the report of possession of a high explosive otherwise they busted the gardener.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This put an end to things for now...

A source with knowledge of the investigation told Fox News that authorities then found a backpack containing what they believed was five pounds of ammonium nitrate outside the vehicle -- however, while the substance was labeled "ammonium nitrate," field tests came back negative.

A notebook was also found at the scene and contained threatening phrases like "Al Qaeda" and "Taliban rule" and "defeated coalition forces," Fox News has learned.

Schlosser would not confirm reports that suspicious items have been found, saying the investigation is still ongoing.

"At this point we have someone who was suspicious by being in Arlington Cemetery overnight," he said. "I’m not sure if any devices have been found at this point."

The man arrested is a naturalized U.S. citizen who came to the country from Ethiopia, a source told MyFoxDC.com.

·
Freedom isn't free.
6,205 Posts
This put an end to things for now...

A source with knowledge of the investigation told Fox News that authorities then found a backpack containing what they believed was five pounds of ammonium nitrate outside the vehicle -- however, while the substance was labeled "ammonium nitrate," field tests came back negative.

A notebook was also found at the scene and contained threatening phrases like "Al Qaeda" and "Taliban rule" and "defeated coalition forces," Fox News has learned.

Schlosser would not confirm reports that suspicious items have been found, saying the investigation is still ongoing.

"At this point we have someone who was suspicious by being in Arlington Cemetery overnight," he said. "I’m not sure if any devices have been found at this point."

The man arrested is a naturalized U.S. citizen who came to the country from Ethiopia, a source told MyFoxDC.com.
The "terrorist" should have checked Wikipedia before starting off on his Jihad. He's probably just a paid actor playing out a false flag opp to inspire more enslavement of America.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
ammonium nitrate, spent 9mm shells in backpack, notebook with suspicious words in it.

Sounds like my daypack, except I need to remove the instant icepack from it (its old), the 9mm cases are still live, and I wrecked my smartphone so no more late night survivalist board or stratfor global intelligence feeds. :(

·
Banned
7,017 Posts
The government and media will use any excuse to say or print the words "Al Qaeda." As long as they keep that boogy man fresh in the minds of the sheep they can run rough shod over the constitution and bill of rights with the blessings of the masses.

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
The government and media will use any excuse to say or print the words "Al Qaeda." As long as they keep that boogy man fresh in the minds of the sheep they can run rough shod over the constitution and bill of rights with the blessings of the masses.

hopefully they keep right on printing the very words you laugh about..."al qaeda".

they are here and yet people seem to want to shove their heads in that dark stinky place ...(as usual)

·
Banned
7,017 Posts
hopefully they keep right on printing the very words you laugh about..."al qaeda".

they are here and yet people seem to want to shove their heads in that dark stinky place ...(as usual)
You are more likely to accidentally drown in your own sink than to be harmed by a terrorist.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
459 Posts
they are now switching to the catch phrase "lone wolf terrorist" ..watch as this catch phrase grows and any american with spent shells and tomato fertilizer could be in their new list..hmmm maybe their angle to get at the reloaders of the world......
"knock knock knock"
"we have come to the undersanding that you are in possession of spent ammunition cartrdiges, you do realize this is against DHS security viloation 3456 and executive order 5468, we must either confiscate these shells and or imprision you under the definition of being a lone wolf terrorist"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts