1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Waiting...Watching..
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
According to Sky news, 7 out of 10 patients with type 2 diabetes were cured using a restrictive 8 week low calorie diet. Patients pancreas' were restored to fully functional. Good news for many here! I hope it works out for ya :)

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...iversityProfessorRoyTaylor&lpos=searchresults
I will look into it, but it is probably old news.

If a persons pancreas produces enough insulin for a 120 pound person and the person weighs 150, that person can be diagnosed with diabetes. If you drop your weight to 110, the diabetes appears to be gone for possibly years. Unfortunately diabetes tends to get worse over time.

·
Research, Learn, Share
819 Posts
Study tests were just announced so no. I'm sure people have been suggesting similar for years, but this is clinical proof.
Dr. Gabriel Cousins has been claiming you can cure diabetes type 2 with a raw diet. This is a confirmation that he knows what he's talking about. It's all about the food and giving the pancreas the 'rest' and assistance needed to repair itself.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I suspect a proper healthy diet could prevent and in some cases cure a lot of illnesses many suffer these days. We Americans heat a horrendous amout of out right garbage that we call "food" in this day and age and it seems like a majority have some sort of disorder or allergy these days compared to the 60's and 70's.

Heck I myself went from 190 lbs when I retired from the military to over 250 in just 6 months. Took me about a year to drop back down to 185. It was actually quiet easy! Everything I ate just about was prepared from scratch (no processed box foods and no fast food), drank water and tea instead of soda and "worked out" less than I did when I was in the military! I was amazed at how easy it was to gradually melt the pounds away. Now if I could just find the will power to put down cigarettes...Id have a new lease on life.

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
I am glad they are at a minimum "out of the woods"

Now they need to concentrate on curing Type I.

Reactions: talon115 and Hairy

·
silenced
3,002 Posts
stuff like this can help type 1, especially newly type 1, gabriel cousins has a small cure rate for type 1, it has been done. he has science documentation to prove it. ive pointed to a graph here also.

if i had diabetes i would rather eat rabbit food, than eat fake pills and insulin shots

probibly 95% of people with diabetes have it because of poor food choices and lifestyle they choose and what parents did to children at young age(ive seen documentation where old vaccines back in the day helped promote it).

so if diet is a cause for diabetes, diet can be a cure for diabetes

·
Waiting...Watching..
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They're not cured. They're controlling it. Well seven are. The other four fell off the wagon.
So they're not taking meds, just eating food, have perfect pancreas's and are no longer diabetic -

What does it take to warrant the word cured in your book? :confused::confused::D:

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
My daughter is Type I.

There is no current cure.

Her pancreas has stopped producing insulin.

She needs to take injections of insulin to live.

Anyone tells you any different and they are playing with your life.

Proceed with the snake oil at your own peril.

·
Waiting...Watching..
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My daughter is Type I.

There is no current cure.

Her pancreas has stopped producing insulin.

She needs to take injections of insulin to live.

Anyone tells you any different and they are playing with your life.

Proceed with the snake oil at your own peril.
This is type 2 Saint, but i understand your view on type 1. Whole different ball game.

·
Banned
12,043 Posts
Because Hairy I read the results from the actual study not some story from a link. First off the 7 out of 10 number is some crap SKY made up. There were 11 test subjects. Following a specific diet and exercise regimen they were able to get their BG under control. The operative word being control. In order to maintain it they have to follow a specific regimen which four of them did not. And within three months they were right back where they started. I like Saint am glad to see people get on top of it. But there is no cure.

·
great survivalist *****
1,258 Posts
I always thought that it has been common knowledge that a good diet will keep type II diabetes under control? A good diet curing diabetes is a little far fetched because if those people didn't continue eating healthy then the diabetes would spiral out of control.

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
This is type 2 Saint, but i understand your view on type 1. Whole different ball game.
my post was, for the most part, in reference to post #10.

There are a number of people who will try to tell you that Type I is curable with vitamins and diet.

This is not only unproven junk science but putting people at risk of death who believe this crap.

As much as I would like to buy it, so far there just isn’t any proof that I would stake my daughters life on.

Reactions: grandma and Hairy

·
7,504 Posts
Saint, there may be nothing reliable yet, but I will continue to watch for developments that could make a difference to the children and adults living with Type 1.

·
Waiting...Watching..
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A good diet curing diabetes is a little far fetched because if those people didn't continue eating healthy then the diabetes would spiral out of control.
lol

You make it sound like eating healthy is too much too ask in order to be cured.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No Cure

Not really a cure available for type 2. I have it. Only way is low carb, high protien, and eat regularly - like 5 times a day. Not big quantities either. And exercise - lots of it.

I was diagnosed about 2 years ago. Has most of the indicators. Itchy skin, rings under the eyes, off to the loo more time a day than you would believe etc etc.

Dealing with it is a change of lifestyle not just diet. Got to stop all the sugary stuff though - no fruit juice (really bad for you), no sweet stuff and so on. Cut the alcohol, alcohol sugars are a killer. Eat lots of grains, protein etc and limit the carbs and fats. Went back to swimming eventuall built up to 2 km per day. Nearly killed me. Did help with cutting the number of cigarettes a day (Bonus).

Self dicipline is the key.

Bunch of sites that were really useful.

http://www.umm.edu/patiented/articles/what_diabetes_000042_1.htm
http://www.mamashealth.com/Diabetes2.asp
http://www.diabetes.org.nz/living_with_diabetes/type_2_diabetes
http://your-doctor.com/healthinfoce...disorders/diabetes/dm-nutrition/eat-what.html
http://www.diabeteslibrary.org/freeaccess.aspx?at=1763

1 - 20 of 83 Posts