Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled across this image today and it got me thinking; theft is theft, right? It doesn't matter if it's a candy bar or a flat screen TV, you're still taking something that someone else worked for, without permission.

Assuming this is not a hoax (as that really doesnt matter to the question at hand), did this person take it too far? I'm still undecided.

· Let the Debate begin
6,691 Posts
Yes they went too far. I believe one that steals brownies deserves punishment a couple times what the offense is equal to. Or maybe an eye for an eye. But to break the law and,get some one fired is going too far.

On the other hand I have no sympathy for the thief, yet one wonders if the thief's innocent family would suffer.

· Banned
12,493 Posts
If their name was one the tub of brownies then everyone in that office would quickly know who the person is that supposedly put up that notice. I'm going with hoax, or someone really really bad at getting revenge and getting away with it.
I wouldn't have let on that I put pot in the brownies. That's written admission of possession.
Agreed. If you pull off something like this you shut up about it. I'm going with hoax too, something someone typed up and posted to reddit for the giggles.

· What, me worry?
2,622 Posts
I wouldn't have let on that I put pot in the brownies. That's written admission of possession.
In states where medicinal merijana is permitted, it would not necesarilly be a crime.

However, an employer can still ding a person who tests positive for THC.

If true, I have no problem with a break-room thief being fired for repeated thefts. Yet this does seems like a hoax.

Reactions: OldBlackWater

· Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the note was really funny, more so if they never put pot in the brownies. Just make the thief sweat a little! That said I agree with truck vet, if it can put a black mark on some ones life, it is too far.
Okay, so at what price point should thievery put a black mark on someone's life? $1, $10, $100, $1000 ? Does the value of the object stolen matter? This isn't a case of someone stealing because they were starving. This is a case of someone stealing just because they're an ******* and they wanted what someone else had.

· Fence sitting heathen
641 Posts
I'd think they took it way too far. If you can get them fired for theft, OK. But drug use and the ability to get a replacement job while going through the pre-screening process is taking things way too far.

Having said that, as a much less responsible youth, one of our group of friends had a habit of douchery I decided to deal with.

Took a couple pieces of ex lax, rubbed off the words and re wrapped in another candy wrapper and placed in my pants pocket. Warned other friends and offered it to him that morning as I "stumbled" across it.

Didn't hit till gym class, but the rest of the day was entertaining for those of us who knew what was going on.

· Registered
8,705 Posts
Is it funny ? yes

But if some one really done that, It would be rather stupid to own up to the criminal act of drugging someone in order to cause them to lose their job

A hidden camera to catch the thief would have sufficed

I had a lunchbox thief at my work place , but I chose laxative spiked chocolate chip cookies , much more funny to watch a 300 pound thief have to **** his guts out

· Registered
1,967 Posts
I stumbled across this image today and it got me thinking; theft is theft, right? It doesn't matter if it's a candy bar or a flat screen TV, you're still taking something that someone else worked for, without permission.

Assuming this is not a hoax (as that really doesnt matter to the question at hand), did this person take it too far? I'm still undecided.

It is pretty stupid to use a communal refrigerator where anyone can do anything to the food you will be eating.

Why use a gun, when you can poison the food?

· Retired curmudgeon
26,732 Posts

If it was real it was probably a bluff. Got the thief's attention though.
Or, she could have said she put some disgusting ingredient in the recipie. Cat crap maybe?
Bluff again? I'll bet nobody steals her brownies again wondering what she might have spiked them with.

· Registered
1,967 Posts
If it was real it was probably a bluff. Got the thief's attention though.
Or, she could have said she put some disgusting ingredient in the recipie. Cat crap maybe?
Bluff again? I'll bet nobody steals her brownies again wondering what she might have spiked them with.
How about making some of your own - spiking them - then exchanging yours with a few of hers?

· Banned
12,493 Posts
Don't know if this is true or not - I heard it long ago and can't remember where. Same sort of situation, someone was pilfering muffins or cookies or something. The owner left a note on the fridge:

'To the cookie thief: I'd just like you to know I randomly licked 2 of the cookies.'

When the owner came back later they found someone had written a response to the note.

'So did I.'

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.