Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,214 Posts
It is a good addition. I use a blowgun for small game, and for attending to the rats in the barn. The bow would be too much of a good thing there, and I don't like air guns much.

·
Most Thankful Guy here
38,965 Posts
Howdy and welcome from AZ
Bows are definitely a good addition

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Bows are awesome! I am a compound shooter though. Definitely a good thing to have for game collecting. It does take some skill and some practice though and for some this can be a long learning curve. I mean its a lot easier to shoot an animal at 50 yards with a rifle than it is a bow at 30 yards. But that's one of the great things about bows, you can practice in the back yard! In fact I have a stand in one of the trees on my lot and I often climb up and let a couple dozen fly after work before dinner time. Keeps me sharp!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Bow are excellent to have and just 30 mins of practice a week will keep you sharp. Nice and quiet, their is a golf coarse nearby with a heavy deer infestation as do most cities!

·
Author, prepper, father
Done
6,918 Posts
Good choice! Recurves will last lots longer than compound, don't require fancy equipment like bow presses for re-string (can be done in the field) no moving parts, in general a much better choice for survival.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts