Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
For a Bowie, I'd go custom honestly. They're not en vogue for your big mass producers anyway, and a lot of the commercially made ones are both Asian and not very good. Lots of knifemakers in the US like the classic lines of a Bowie, sort of a must-do project in the life of most makers.

·
I stand alone!
3,216 Posts
For a Bowie, I'd go custom honestly. They're not en vogue for your big mass producers anyway, and a lot of the commercially made ones are both Asian and not very good. Lots of knifemakers in the US like the classic lines of a Bowie, sort of a must-do project in the life of most makers.
Agreed! And for me Jerry Kennedy just knows how to do them right.... Beautiful lines with amazing Damascus steel. Not cheep but his knives will lasy many lifetimes :thumb:

·
Getting Ready
1,025 Posts
Hen and Rooster? Isnt that the brand they sell on the infomercial?

Ive often watched that program to fall asleep, the knives look cool but I imagine them to be crap. I base that on nothing other than the fact that its sold via infomercial.

Just my thoughts, I would like to hear from someone who has actually purchased a knife from them.

T

·
Doubts Most Everything
5,618 Posts
Hen and Rooster? Isnt that the brand they sell on the infomercial?

Ive often watched that program to fall asleep, the knives look cool but I imagine them to be crap. I base that on nothing other than the fact that its sold via infomercial.

Just my thoughts, I would like to hear from someone who has actually purchased a knife from them.

T
Well, they're now owned by the Frost folks in Chattanooga and it's true that 90% of their stuff is contracted Chinese junk, but the Hen and Rooster stuff seems to be from Spain now (was always Germany before), but dunno know quality level, but certainly if those folks handle it, I'm immediately thinking watch out. Then again, they do sell some percentage of other better brand name stuff too, so who knows.

- OS

·
Banned
469 Posts
I always liked the lines on this one.
I believe Bark River also makes a more traditional Bowie.

Reactions: redneckbiken

·
Registered
205 Posts
Check out John Nowill and sons, they have been making for ages and still turn out some of the best in my opinion. The Spanish bowie in particular really looks like something ol' Jim himself might have wielded.

·
Semper Fi
2,808 Posts
Cold Steel too From few hundred to 50 bucks, good bowies from big to small. Good steel, sharp, durable... Or just need a good knife? GI Ka Bar awesome. Classic Bowie syle Jim would be proud of, for a midsize field knife...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts