Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently taken a strong interest in learning to bow hunt. Meaning at this current time I know nothing about it. Does anyone know where I can get some good teaching DVD's or maybe some good teaching books for bow hunting? Again keep in mind that Im starting from the bottom of the barrel here.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know I dont know anything about it. You might say that I need to be taught as if I were a child.

·
fallschirmjäger
78 Posts
Here in SK we have archery courses. You can learn there almost everything you need. I think it would be a good start.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol well I live in TX do you think there might be something a little closer to me?

·
fallschirmjäger
78 Posts
Spy I am pretty sure, there is some organization in your area that can help you with bow hunting. In SK we have Saskatoon Wildlife Federation http://www.saskatoonwildlifefederation.com/index.html that provides all required courses for hunters and gun owners.

I would look for similar wildlife organization in your area, or go to a place where you buy hunting licences/hunting accesories. I am pretty sure they will tell you what to do.

·
A country boy can survive
336 Posts
Two of the best sources of information will be local archery/bow hunting clubs (which there are no shortage of in TX) and your local archery pro shop. You will find most of these to target compound bows (modern tech) and few to target traditional archery gear (think robin hood i.e. longbows and recurves).

You can find plenty of good books at your local book store on the subject as well.

T2E

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
I am in the same boat as you, just starting out. I have 55lb recurve and 65lb compound from my archery days but I have never bow hunted. I am looking into joining a local bowhunting and archery club in the area. Membership meeting is a week from tomorrow. If I get any beginners tips I will post them up here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts