Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 12g Remington 870 Express Super Mag synthetic with 3.5" chamber and 26" barrel. I intend to use it as a general purpose gun. I Know 870s are popular but was wondering if anyone has any comments/warnings/accessory suggestions. Particularly the barrel and chamber length. My theory was that the 3.5" chamber will allow me to fire any length 12g shells I happen across.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Be careful to not get your fingers caught in the elevator while loading.
I hear this often, but it has never happened to me. Even the first time I loaded it, it didn't happen. :confused:

I have the same gun by the way, if you change the barrel to something shorter just remember that it will change what you can shoot. You might have to just stick to 2 3/4 and 3 inch stuff instead of both and 3 1/2.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have an older model that only takes 2 3/4" and 3" shells. Great shot gun :thumb: You will be happy!

Tbull:cool:

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Good choice, shoot the fool out of it and enjoy.:)

·
Registered
262 Posts
I bought a 12g Remington 870 Express Super Mag synthetic with 3.5" chamber and 26" barrel. I intend to use it as a general purpose gun. I Know 870s are popular but was wondering if anyone has any comments/warnings/accessory suggestions. Particularly the barrel and chamber length. My theory was that the 3.5" chamber will allow me to fire any length 12g shells I happen across.

great gun. i have the exact same shotgun. never had a problem with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts