Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Malaz and I purchased our first two AR-15's the other day and shot them this last weekend. We also purchased two Glock's with hi-capcity magazines. To get what we wanted, we purchased a Bushmaster Patrolman model for her, it just happened to have come in and she liked it. I bought a Smith & Wesson M&P for myself. Both are flat tops with the add-on carry handle.

For the Glock's she got a Glock 19 9mm with 4 hi-capacity magazines. I purchased a Glock 21, .45 ACP with 4 hi-capacity magazines. Its still hard for me to believe that a .45 can carry 13 rounds in the mag. My old 1911 only carries 7. heheh.

But we beat Obama to the punch. I just need to purchase more 30 magazines and some riser blocks for my Red Dot scope's (one for each AR-15). I'm also still working on getting the final stuff for reloading. I've read that I'll need to buy a standard barrell to drop into the Glocks so we can shoot cast lead bullets.

I guess if I grab the rest of the magazines I want first, I'll be able to get the last of the reloading stuff soon after.

We did purchase 1000 rounds of .223 ammo and I have 650 9mm and 500 .45acp. I have other ammo for our other guns, but the bulk is for these three calibers. We did buy a Mossberg 500 Persuader 12 ga. It came with the stock and the pistol grip. I've installed a sling on the shotgun to make it a little easier for the walks in the woods.

We really enjoyed shooting the guns and I feel so much better now that I have them and I won't have to worry about Obama stopping me from getting them now.

HiPoopus

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I was in a gun store in East Texas yesterday and a guy came in and bought over $2,000 worth of ammo. Owner of shop is friend of mine. He told me this guy had been in three times in two weeks and did the same thing each time. I asked him if he was buying any food and he said no way. Looks like people are buying stuff up at a dramtic pace right now. Also we are seeing prices start to reflect the demand. Yugo underfolders went up $100 in one week. I am speaking of dealer cost.

·
To the Liberty Tree!
1,312 Posts
Wow! Sounds like quite the shopping spree. I'm so jealous. I'll be happy if I can get my glock in the next two weeks. Happier still to get a shotgun as well.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Wow! Sounds like quite the shopping spree. I'm so jealous. I'll be happy if I can get my glock in the next two weeks. Happier still to get a shotgun as well.
you think shotguns are going to be outlawed? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
566 Posts
HEY TOOL! TROLL! MORON!,

Some shotguns would be banned.

This is a direct quote from HR-1022 the assault weapons ban reauthorization bill.

`(H) A semiautomatic shotgun that has--

`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
`(ii) a pistol grip;
`(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine; or
`(iv) a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds.

`(I) A shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
`(J) A frame or receiver that is identical to, or based substantially on the frame or receiver of, a firearm described in any of subparagraphs (A) through (I) or (L).
`(K) A conversion kit.
`(L) A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General. In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.'

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
FX, I think that if Mr. Obama had his way, we would not have any guns period. However, I do not think it is beyond the realm of possibility for our gun ownership to be severely restricted.

For now, what is out there would be grandfathered but maybe not permitted to be sold.

For example, it is possible that the only type of guns that will be allowed to be manufactured, sold or purchased if/after he gets in office would be single shot/break top guns like an over/under shotgun, bolt action rifles, single action revolvers, muzzle loaders and the like.

If any kind of semi auto rifles or pistols would be allowed, they would have to have an internal capacity of perhaps 3-5 rounds.

I can also see restrictions on ammunition like banning dual use ammo such as the 5.56/.223, .308, 9mm, .45, .40sw, 7.62x39, .50 cal, and so forth. Perhaps even restrict us to say .22lr, 20 ga .38 special or .410 and one or two larger game caliber rounds.

Say good bye to your +P+ ammo, steel jacketed ammo, reloading equipment, any JHP or FMJ. We might get restricted to lead rounds like wad cutters or a partial-expansion round for large game.

I hope I am wrong. I really and truly do. But don't think I am.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
just for FX John

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But thats why I am getting all of my stuff now. I hope to God that Obama doesn't win. Our guns will be taken away a bit at a time by his "common sense" gun control efforts. It will be bad enough with the Liberal Dem's in charge of Congress and the Senate. We'll have to watch them like hawks so they don't give our country away out from under us.

I just want to get the last of the things I need, then I'll rest a little more easy.

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Do you think it going to be like the Clinton ban where if you already own it its ok? or are they going to be "recalled".

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do, because of the logistical nightmare to find and gather all of those guns up. Obama is the type guy who would rather sneak up on you from behind. The anti-gun lobby and Obama have learned their lessons.

They don't go after the big things, go after the little things. All they have to do is outlaw certain chemicals, make transport of certain items hard or cause OSHA to hammer certain factories and they can bring shooting to a standstill. In the 70's, OSHA literally put factories out of business when they fined them $10,000 an occurance everyday. Didn't take long to take all of their money and shut them down. Congress pulled their teeth later, but it didn't save the companies. All that is needed is to rescind that law and turn them loose on selected industries. OSHA wrote their own safety laws, often stupid ones and unfounded. They made up their own fines.

All of that to say he could go after them in round about ways and not get slammed for outright banning of guns. Thats what is scary. But they really won't be happy till they have laws banning guns of any kind and they are all melted down into metal garden tools and farm implements. The world is just not ready for plowshares yet I think.

HiPoopus

·
Registered
251 Posts
make no mistake he will take it too far.I fear a second revolution is brewing.I down sized to higher end weapons went from 6 to 4 but top shelf and stacked up the pile of mags for each.Ammo is coming very soon Still need a hi cap side arm though.When they come knocking I will have been walkin and been in the hills .

·
Diamond Dog
1,504 Posts
make no mistake he will take it too far.I fear a second revolution is brewing.I down sized to higher end weapons went from 6 to 4 but top shelf and stacked up the pile of mags for each.Ammo is coming very soon Still need a hi cap side arm though.When they come knocking I will have been walkin and been in the hills .
Indeed, i feel it in the air, it is coming, And yet my family and friends mock me for having such a state of mind about survival, and refuse to believe me.

They call me crazy, i call myself Prepared.

Boys and girls, tread lightly and carry a big gun..

(Hey my post count reached 308... caliber of choice!)

But thats why I am getting all of my stuff now. I hope to God that Obama doesn't win. Our guns will be taken away a bit at a time by his "common sense" gun control efforts. It will be bad enough with the Liberal Dem's in charge of Congress and the Senate. We'll have to watch them like hawks so they don't give our country away out from under us.

I just want to get the last of the things I need, then I'll rest a little more easy.
If they take our country away, are you prepared to fight to take it back?

Reactions: MCLMM

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah, well........I think the concensus is that it will be back.....with a vengence....along with a new ban ammo will be untouchable (ie: $1 or more per round) ......get it now if you can, as much as you can......

·
Registered
9,542 Posts
I try not to count my chickens before they hatch so to speak...this election is no exception...It is kinda like hoping for the best, when there really doesn't seem to be a best, and planning for the worst...
I think the buying in earnest will occur after the election and before whoever takes office...either way I see a ban in the works that initially leaves those guns currently owned alone and focuses on banning and shutting down the sale and importation of certian guns and accessories deemed inapropriate for sporting purposes. That seems to be the quick and easy first thing. From there who knows? Though I have a sneaking hunch they plan to boil the frog slowly lest he jump out of the pan...
Peter

·
Registered
73 Posts
either way it goes, I will have my new AR15 sitting at my house with about 15 magazines that I have picked up while I have been in Iraq. Still sitting over here in the sand box so I having my brother in law buy me my AR15 next couple weeks in one of two gunshows he is going to. Gave him my specs of my wants and my dad is going to write him a check.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts