Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought about buying a ACOG but it will have to wait till after x-mas, in the mean time I got one of these off Ebay.
ACOG Knock Off

I usually stick with higher end stuff like EoTech, Aimpoint and Trijicon, but we'll give it a try since I saved 40% with the Microsoft Live cash back and a 10% pay-pal coupon so what the hell. (Shipping and everything was $64 and change)
When it gets here I'll put it through the paces and report how good or bad it really is. I'm expecting it to be pretty fair, Bushnell has made some quality stuff in the past. They're usually the best of the cheaper optics.

Reactions: Sweeper and J&J

·
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok first one in had the cross hairs canted to the left and was projecting a double image, never even bothered to mount it. Sending it back on Monday for a swap. We'll see how round 2 goes.....

·
American fearmaker
14,245 Posts
Bushnell generally makes decent stuff. Trouble normally comes from the way postal people handle the delicate stuff like scopes. I got one scope by mail that you could tell had been thrown, bounced off of something and then delivered to me with a busted reticle. When I got the scope in the mail and saw the very large dent on the outside of the box, I just knew my scope wasn't going to be any good. Turns out the scope was damaged so I also shipped it back and got a replacement.

·
Registered
109 Posts
bushnell elite optics are pretty fair for the money......and they make the super sniper scopes according to a rep i met at the nra show....i prefer something a little higher end myself but if you are cash challenged like we all get from time to time they might be worth a shot....

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Thought about buying a ACOG but it will have to wait till after x-mas, in the mean time I got one of these off Ebay.
You should be ashamed of your self kahn ..............................Do it right the first time .

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I've got the Trophy 1x32 T dot,older model.Made in Korea. Pretty decent,holds zero n the SKS. I wouldn't put it on anything with a heavier recoil. Is your's Korean or Chinese?

·
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You should be ashamed of your self kahn ..............................Do it right the first time .
Already did, it's on one of my M4s. I'm just not going to justify a $1k sight for a .22 GSG-5....

·
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Ok the first on I got in had issues so back to the store it went, the reticule was canted to the left and showing a double image, not good.

So now I have the replacement, so far so good. Crisp clear crosshairs and everything is level.

Testing:

test gun was a GSG-5 .22lr MP5 clone. Sight was mountes to a H&K claw mount with a Picatinny rail. Unit fits snug, not movement and points right down the center line of the gun. After sighting in the weapon hits were consistent out to 100yds no problems. Kept it's zero as well as my Aimpoint does. Clear target acquisition, parallax better than I thought.

Pros:
Snug fit, keeps zero, multi-color display (red / green) good sight picture, nitrogen filled, crisp optics parallax not as bad as I thought it would be.

cons:
Suffers washout if pointed at a bright light, unknown battery life, built in iron sights are useless past 25 yards.

Overall I'm going to keep it on this .22, it's a good unit, much better then the NCStar crap sold on fleabay, but I still wouldn't stake my life or the outcome of a hunt on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts