Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
strikes to the left
1,397 Posts
Easy Fish Traphttp://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=88029&highlight=trap

Just the other day, I was at a local park with my family. I met them there for lunch. While there, my boy (who is a fishing FREAK!!) saw minnows swimming in a pond and insisted that I catch one for him. Scrounged around and this is the best I could come up with. A little chunk of bread and I had three minnows in less than a minute. Of course, we let them go soon afterward but it was good enough for him.

I made it using only my pocket knife, an empty bottle, and a couple of twigs. Cut the neck off the bottle and flip it around to insert into the bottle (as the link indicates). I worked two holes on each side of the neck and bottle and pegged twigs to hold the mouth in place, and this worked surprisingly well. I dropped in my bread then filled it up with water, then I set it in the pond.

I didn't take any pics and I tossed it when I was done. Total time to make was less than the time it took to catch the minnows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts