Gone Galt
22,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some P-mags twice in the past two weeks from Botach

They have a new deal:

3-Pack of Magpul P-Mags for $33 and free shipping

So $11 each - shipped

They got 4 colors

Also - you can get the ones with the windows for 3 for $39 or $13 each - shipped

I got a different deal, but it came out to about the same. Just in case any of you need some more mags...and how could you possibly have enough? :D:

Link:
http://www.botachtactical.com/mapma3.html

Oh and I've ordered like 10 times from Botach without a single problem, of which two orders were in past two weeks.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,527 Posts
After having problems with that company (Botach), and researching them, only to find MANY other people have had problems with them too, I would never give them a buck. There are too many other choices out there deserving of our business. That place isn't one of them.

·
Gone Galt
22,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After having problems with that company (Botach), and researching them, only to find MANY other people have had problems with them too, I would never give them a buck. There are too many other choices out there deserving of our business. That place isn't one of them.
ok

----------------------------------------

·
Dirty or clean.Wet or dry
2,016 Posts
Sometimes a deal is too hard to pass up. Make sure you use your credit card and let them del with it if you have issues, always good results with that.

·
Gone Galt
22,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered twice in the past two weeks:

8 Regular 30 rounders
3 With the windows
2 20 rounders (save on weight and nice and short)

13 mags for around $160 - like $12 each (average)

I've never had a problem with Botach

·
Let it rain
227 Posts
I have only dealt with them once personally and the transaction was flawless. I'm just one of the lucky ones I guess..

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I've tried to deal with them several times in the past. Most every time I've ordered I waited several weeks, tried to get someone that spoke English on the phone, failed, waited, sent emails, then after over a month of no updates and no product contacted my credit card company to get a refund. I did have an order go through once. It took weeks to complete, they sell things they don't have in stock I guess... but it did come.

I hate having to wait weeks for products, hound people on the phone (if you can even get them on the phone) and worry about not getting what I paid for. It's not worth the $3 savings, IMHO.

With nearly 300 recent complaints to the BBB about them, I don't think I'm alone in my bad experiences.

But the price does look attractive.

·
Gone Galt
22,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've tried to deal with them several times in the past. Most every time I've ordered I waited several weeks, tried to get someone that spoke English on the phone, failed, waited, sent emails, then after over a month of no updates and no product contacted my credit card company to get a refund. I did have an order go through once. It took weeks to complete, they sell things they don't have in stock I guess... but it did come.

I hate having to wait weeks for products, hound people on the phone (if you can even get them on the phone) and worry about not getting what I paid for. It's not worth the $3 savings, IMHO.

With nearly 300 recent complaints to the BBB about them, I don't think I'm alone in my bad experiences.

Wow!

I guess I've just been lucky...I wonder if I should push my luck again

My last two orders over the past two weeks arrived like 3 or 4 days later.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
It seems to be luck of the draw. I know people, like you, who haven't had any problems. Then there's people like me that's tried several times and had bad luck.

Not sure...

I would say keep ordering until something bad happens. If you're using a CC the worse that can happen is you have to sit on the phone for 20 minutes with your CC company getting the charges reversed. You won't lose any money.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,527 Posts

My bad experience with them was years ago. They had a ton of BBB complaints back then too. I figured they might have changed since then, but I guess not. I will never give them a single dollar, even if they correct their problems and become the best in the industry. They deserve to go out of business.

·
Parapup
692 Posts
I ordered from them a few months ago when magpul was 30% off. Yes, they are not as proactive as some other sellers, but they got me my ordered product on time and processed my backorder cancellation promptly.

I'd say go for it.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
They definitely have good deals on stuff. I bought my Galil mags from them 10 years ago. They have major hookups in the Middle East. I bought some Vickers gloves from them a while back but they stiffed me on the lights they listed in stock and I wound up paying $24 for shipping, which was the same amount I hoped to save. I contacted them but no reponse. The oversight, I can handle. The lack of response? They can find another customer.

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Veteran 11BC2/EOD
2,021 Posts
Run from Botach

You want gun gear and Guns too, go here.

http://www.gunbuyingclub.com/

I saved 300$ my first order, and had zero issues with anything they do

Any unresolved issues from a company like Botach makes them a liability. Yes, use them and your credit card so you can waste time when you finally get screwed, or find a company who treats you right and doesnt burn you. GBC is a great company, and sells at wholsale direct.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts