Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, I deffinatly see some I'm interested in. Also this is more of a self defense weapon that I will carry with me a last resort.

·
Just reboot 3 times...
1,962 Posts
I have not handled that knife before, but I did notice that it wasn't edged on both sides. I like the Dagger style boot knife myself, so would look elsewhere. However, the quality of a Benchmade (Even thier Harley Davidson line) is pretty well established as good to excellent. You would not be making a bad move to buy from them, IMO.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
I have not handled that knife before, but I did notice that it wasn't edged on both sides. I like the Dagger style boot knife myself, so would look elsewhere. However, the quality of a Benchmade (Even thier Harlyey Davidson line) is pretty well established as good to excellent. You would not be making a bad move to buy from them, IMO.
Lots of companies are making their "daggers" with only one side sharpened to comply with many states ban on double edged knives.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Check this guy out . He also makes a "Texas boot knife" here in Tx, just came across his web site last night searching myself. The knife is a very slim design

·
Patient Zero
1,221 Posts
I never got the whole weapon on the boot thing to begin with . Not to knock anyone's idea but I never got it for a few reasons . The first is having a piece of metal strapped to my boot off setting the balance and getting caught up everywhere if I was off in the woods . The second is the unnatural draw and longer drawing time . The Popeye Doyle carry method worked in Hollywood I would believe not so much in real life . Finally if I had to use my feet to fend off an attacker why would I want to put a weapon that close to them that could be used against me .

I would say that there are applications for having a knife strapped to a boot but being a civilian I just do not see the need .

·
Registered
284 Posts
what about this from scrap yard knife Company

http://www.scrapyardknives.com/knives.htm

They call it the
Hot Diggity Dog Dagger price is $39.95 + $14.95 S/H & no sheath but they have a good rep.

Specs at a glance:
Overall Length: 7 1/8"
Blade Length: 3 1/2
Thickness: 3/16"
Steel: Sandvik 12c27 / 58-60 Rc
Blade Width: .90"
Grind: Hollow Ground Corrugated Bevel
Finish: Black
Shipping and Handling $14.95

·
Banned
7,017 Posts
I never got the whole weapon on the boot thing to begin with . Not to knock anyone's idea but I never got it for a few reasons . The first is having a piece of metal strapped to my boot off setting the balance and getting caught up everywhere if I was off in the woods . The second is the unnatural draw and longer drawing time . The Popeye Doyle carry method worked in Hollywood I would believe not so much in real life . Finally if I had to use my feet to fend off an attacker why would I want to put a weapon that close to them that could be used against me .

I would say that there are applications for having a knife strapped to a boot but being a civilian I just do not see the need .
I'm going to agree, because contrary to popular belief and hollywood, it is extremly difficult to secure anything to your ankle.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts