Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there, just spent a weekend with wet feet so contemplating some boots...
they're mainly for fishing on the lakes and rivers so there's walking and water involved- but in the summer so not insulated, boots not shoes as I'm prancing about in long grass and brambles etc.
your opinions would be welcome!

p.s. if you've never tried it- eat some reed mace roots!

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
hey there, just spent a weekend with wet feet so contemplating some boots...
they're mainly for fishing on the lakes and rivers so there's walking and water involved- but in the summer so not insulated, boots not shoes as I'm prancing about in long grass and brambles etc.
your opinions would be welcome!

p.s. if you've never tried it- eat some reed mace roots!
i personally use my issued boots from when i was in the army there not trelly water proof but they dry fast

you could go with a goretex lined boot but even with water proof boots your feet can still get wet I recomend keeping a small bottle of foot powder and some extra socks thats the best thing in my experience one thing I have never tried but have heard good things about are seal skin socks wich are goretex socks wich might be worth looking into

Reactions: enola

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have had excellent experiences with Magnum combat boots, they are comfortable to wear, lasted my 5 years of walking all over the mountains, bogs, marshes, African desert and Asian jungle.

If you are looking to really save money then surplus boots do pretty well when broken in properly.

·
Old Git
3,220 Posts
Like Jubbles I like my lightweight Magnum all leather boots, great in winter, I use leather / nylon magnum spyders in the summer, not water proof but dry out very quickly.

·
Question Authority!
260 Posts
Danner all the way. A bit on the expensive side but the most comfortable boot I have ever worn. It took 12 years to wear the first sole off, had them resoled and ready for another 12.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
bought a pair of Olivers, usually use Steel Blue, but there weren't any in stock in the style I wanted. Olivers did. Its a lace up steel cap work boot with a zip side. I prefer lace up for support but the zip making getting them on and off several times a day very easy.

Great boot, so too the Steel Blue but maybe not available outside Australia(?)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Alt-berg warriors

I just got myself a pair of alt-berg warriors they were £ 160.00 ish all the rage with 45 commando up here in Angus. for a general temperate boot great warranty aswell some might say pricey but I think I have spent wisely also they are made in England.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Danner,Danner,Danner! Not that other boots aren't great, but Danners are the best I have ever owned. I have owned Rocky, Magnum, Altima, Danner and Army Issue boots and Danner has set themselves apart from the above. In my opinion and experience Danner boots are worth the extra money.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Many thanks for the replies and advice, as I suspected the Magnums seem to be the way to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts