Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Scott Kirshner

This 241p. book was written by a former probation officer and corrections guard who now teaches tactics to law enforcement. The book is an introduction to techniques used by LE and the military to clear structures of hostiles. It's primarily of interest to preppers as a guide to defend a BIL/BOL against well organized raiders. Hopefully no one will read this sort of information with the goal of becoming a more effective raider.

While the information given in the book seemed sound, it's no different than free info you can find online if you try. Additionally, the author mostly ignores issues like clearing closets and the threat that a hostile can easily shoot through sheet rock with a tactical rifle and FMJ ammo.

The main takeaways I got from a defensive point of view are:
1) Doors and stairs are killing zones for anyone clearing a building so set yourself up with a line of fire to shoot the invaders in these areas.
2) The best place to stand if you're cornered in a room is a deep corner on the side nearest the invaders
3) Although the author only touches on this, if you know someone is in your house and standing to the side of the door, shoot through the sheet rock to take him out.

The remainder of the book is really only of interest to newbie cops or soldiers or those who plan to make a SHTF living raiding other peoples' homes.

My advice is to skip this book and find free information on the internet.

https://www.amazon.com/Building-Ent...1189373&sprefix=building+entry,aps,243&sr=8-1

·
Registered
12,388 Posts
The key takeaway for me was it was written by a former probation officer and corrections guard.

Based on the review above, newbie cops would get better training with older cops who do this for a living. Same with soldiers. Otherwise, they may end up dead.

Reactions: Arleyg
1 - 4 of 4 Posts