Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
There is no sequel
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished reading Republic: A Novel of America's Future by Charles Sheehan-Miles.

Without spoiling it, the story is about growing dissatisfaction with the US federal government over illegal and aggressive actions against civilians in the name of counter-terrorism and security. There are numerous stand-offs between civilians, state law enforcement and federal agencies, specifically the DHS. Things get ugly.

It's a fiction novel, but is so prescient it almost reads like a historical account. Let's hope the author is not on the money.

Highly recommend.

For someone such as myself who lives outside the US, it was interesting. For those who live in the US and have first-hand experience of the growing intrusive powers of the authorities, this book might scare the pants off you - or make you nod your head and say "Yes, this is exactly what I'm prepping for".

Enjoy.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Apologies for resurrecting post from 2011 but I did a seach on this author before starting a new thread and this post came up.

Anyway, I just wanted recommend two books by Charles Sheehan Miles - Republic: A Novel of America's Future and Insurgent: Book 2 of America's Future.

These are not 'how-to prep' books disguised as fiction like Rawles' books so if that's what you like you will probably be disappointed.

But both are good reads. Republic is especially interesting right now - written in 2007 but it deals with a state's secession, the resulting war, our loss of freedom, DHS power over our lives. Insurgent is a follow up to Republic and is equally disturbing. Both will scare the willies out of you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts