Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bondo customized grip & virtual ammo for about 90 cents DIY

You can make a customized grip with a sterilized powder coated plastic glove and some bondo and sanding paper. I actually tried this on an old lorcin 22 pistol and I have to say it is just beautiful, even more so because it only cost me about 50 cents in bondo and materials. I thought it might chip or crack but after 5 months and beating it against a hard surface dropping it twice it still stands up- hard stuff. It doesn't look fancy(maybe I should have dashed some glitter on it while it dried) but it fits literally like a glove with lots of little wrinkles in it from the plastic glove, wouldn't recommend trying it on a nice pistol until you've done it with a cheapy and seen if you like it. Don't want to even know what a real customized grip costs.

Two other things, the reason you may want a custom pistol grip is it gives you a much better feel and handle for the gun, in some situations you might be lucky to have time to flip the safety off let alone zero in your sights with a good stance, a good grip can lead to a finer mental picture of where the bullet will go making it possible to "shoot from the hip" or on the move or target much faster at close range.
Another trick is to mount one of these 40cent laser pointers on the side of your gun with hot glue, fasten 2 wires connecting the battery inside to a small push button switch also hot glued to the trigger and use it as your virtual ammo for target practice. Within a few days of pratice with this pointer I've manage to bullseye nail heads from 10ft away hip shooting at it in all kinds of precarious positions, I reckon I've fired about 5000 rounds of virtual ammo in the past month for 40cents without making a sound. It's not as good as the real thing in some respects, but you'll learn intuitive/instinctive aiming just the same without alarming your neighbors.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
OK...let's see a picture of it...

·
Registered
127 Posts
i'm no shooting instructor expert but what you have done sounds inventive, clever, functional, useful, ...

good one and thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Coloring would have been a great idea I'm sure it would have came out looking better with some black dye, but no haven't tried it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts