Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mod Certified PITA!
12,092 Posts
The Twilight Zone episode, "The Shelter".

It is better to have one and not need it, than need one and not have it. But if you DO have one, make sure the neighbors don't know. :eek:

·
Family Always Comes First
698 Posts
Living in the heart of tornado alley, having a good shelter is very important. My thoughts are if you are going to go ahead and build on for tornados, it could be also built as a bomb / fall out shelter too with not too much more.

evab, I'm a Storm Chaser in your area (Tulsa - KTUL) and I have contacts with a good company in Catoosa that builds shelters and can "customize" them for you. I don't work for them and only mention them because we are working on a shelter for our home that we will purchase next year.

If you think you've got any questions, send me a PM and I'll try and help you find out what you would like to know.

Welcome to the boards, BTW.

Medic73

·
Registered
561 Posts
The Twilight Zone episode, "The Shelter".

It is better to have one and not need it, than need one and not have it. But if you DO have one, make sure the neighbors don't know. :eek:
How do you dig 6-8ft down. In a 10x10 area install some kind of shelter and back fill with out neighbors knowing. Let me know so I can start to dig :)

·
cherokee brave
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do you dig 6-8ft down. In a 10x10 area install some kind of shelter and back fill with out neighbors knowing. Let me know so I can start to dig :)
check out the movie 8 days a week being that its a movie it may not work but the guy built a pool in his garage and moved the dirt out one bag at a time :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts