Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/le...el-fiery-new-clash-over-impeachment-testimony

Typical Dem tactic, if you are losing, have the NY Times issue a story so you can get your way. NY Times denies it has seen the manuscript, it just claims an anonomous source told them what's in it. Probably fake news.

According to Rush's program today, Vindman's brother is in charge of vetting Bolton's book. If this is true, makes me wonder WTF is going on in the White House, why are people with questionable loyalty allowed to be in key positions?

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
29,775 Posts
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/le...el-fiery-new-clash-over-impeachment-testimony

Typical Dem tactic, if you are losing, have the NY Times issue a story so you can get your way. NY Times denies it has seen the manuscript, it just claims an anonomous source told them what's in it. Probably fake news.

According to Rush's program today, Vindman's brother is in charge of vetting Bolton's book. If this is true, makes me wonder WTF is going on in the White House, why are people with questionable loyalty allowed to be in key positions?
Loyalty is a two way street. (If it exists at all)

·
Retired *****
18,283 Posts
What slays me is how can the republican Senators, all of them, not see the dem tactics for what they are?

Smears, hearsay, withholding evidence, "crimes" that aren't crimes, sham impeachment cooked up the day Trump was inaugurated, lies on top of lies on top of schitt lies.

Are they really that freaking stupid?

Now this very timely leak about something that Trump may have wanted to do, but never did.

There are things that I WANT to do but am constrained by circumstances that would be harmful to mine and others' happiness and well being.

I'll bet Truman "wanted" to nuke north korea, but thought better of it.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Bolton is as neocon swampcritter still stinging from his firing. Its a hit piece. Waiting for independent corroboration, til then its unsubstantiated and hearsay. Inadmissable in any court under most circumstances. Trump is a meatgrinder boss to work for and Bolton is one of many apprentices to fail.
Call him to testify. He will tell the truth under oath because he won't want to go to jail. That is a two way street. Beware the truth

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
None of it matters because holding the money back never happened and it wasn't one of the crimes charged. In fact no crime was charged. The only witness that would be worth calling would be the whistle blower. Then we would all know what fabricated lie this was.

I would hope any sitting President of our country would question a corrupt handing out of money to someone like Hunter Biden. It is his/her duty to stop this kind of payola.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's the problem, if Bolton is called as a witness, the President will invoke executive privilege and the whole thing will be tied up in Court until after the election. Then there will be uncertainty in the election if the person we are voting on will ultimately be kicked out of office. It turns all the Senate seats up for election into a referendum on President Trump.

The only way out of this other than a flat out refusal to have witnesses, is to have all the witnesses included into a single vote, forcing some Dems to vote it down to protect the Bidens.

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
Call him to testify. He will tell the truth under oath because he won't want to go to jail.
Will he? Not sure anyone else has yet.

Not to mention...how do you call it "truth" when it's all about impressions, feelings, thoughts, and "I was told by someone that knew someone that said..."?

Screw calling him. Have a vote on the "evidence" and lets got to work.

·
Ingloriously Deplorable
2,610 Posts
LOL, After what I saw today of the President's defense team taking the impeachment case apart with crowbars for the second day, anyone who doesn't vote to get on with it and acquit is nothing but a liberal hack.

John Bolton's "bombshell" is nothing more than misdirection. He lost his national security advisor last year and just like so-called judge napolitano, who's now shilling for FOX, after he asked his best buddy Big Daddy Don for a supreme court seat and got told NO, he's turned on the President. If you haven't noticed the WH has been fighting these deep state scum for the last three years you have not been paying attention.

Bolton's got a book to sell. He's looking to cash in. Why would ANYTHING he says matter when the transcript of the call and the Ukrayine Presodent's statements pretty much put closed to all of this.

·
Registered
34 Posts
What slays me is how can the republican Senators, all of them, not see the dem tactics for what they are?

Smears, hearsay, withholding evidence, "crimes" that aren't crimes, sham impeachment cooked up the day Trump was inaugurated, lies on top of lies on top of schitt lies.

Now this very timely leak about something that Trump may have wanted to do, but never did.

There are things that I WANT to do but am constrained by circumstances that would be harmful to mine and others' happiness and well being.

I emailed both of my Senators today and asked them pretty much the same questions you have in the first three lines.
Had a hard time keeping it civil, but after a couple revisions I think I accomplished it okay.
Encouraged both to end this circus soon, and get ready for the next ones.
Wheather they have witnesses or not, wheather they remove POTUS or not, wheather this goes on for a week or months. The next one starts after a couple weeks vacation.

·
Registered
6,932 Posts

Rep Senators, the ones up for re election, have to play the fair and balanced role
especially in states that are projected to be tight races. The Commies in the House knew there is zero chance they can get 67 votes to remove. Their game is to put those Senators in tight races on the spot with their constituencies. That's the tactic when you do not have a prayer of your Presidential candidate beating a powerhouse like President Trump.

·
Banned
6,705 Posts
Rep Senators, the ones up for re election, have to play the fair and balanced role
especially in states that are projected to be tight races. The Commies in the House knew there is zero chance they can get 67 votes to remove. Their game is to put those Senators in tight races on the spot with their constituencies. That's the tactic when you do not have a prayer of your Presidential candidate beating a powerhouse like President Trump.
And as I have said before, this is all on John Roberts. He should stop this sham in his court and admonish the democrats for their political sham and announce it for what it is!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts