Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I heard of a new group called Predators. The largest one in my state is in Raleigh NC. These guys are already going to prepper conventions and trying to recruit. When the SHTF they plan on causing trouble. Am I behind the times and just don't know about these people or have they been out there for a while?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hmmmm. Let's see now. A newbie with 6 posts is warning about predator groups trying to recruit at "prepper conventions"?
Government agent, or plain troll?
Or maybe a group still new and small enough to not hit google. Leo does not publish everything and many times local press will only publish feel good articles so they don't upset the city and local chambers squeaky clean home town reputation. Then again, I could be wrong and he is a troll but worth watching to see if anything else develops. We all started out as newbies, but that don't mean newbies are uninformed. I still look like a newbie and have been on this site daily for around three years. Joining and posting puts us all on the radar by the nature of the groups occasional post or topics. Not picking on your reply, as I said you maybe on target

·
Survivus most anythingus
3,874 Posts
Hmmmm. Let's see now. A newbie with 6 posts is warning about predator groups trying to recruit at "prepper conventions"?
Government agent, or plain troll?
Who knows any more? The last new person to come on here immediately started talking about FEMA camps and the government's acquisition of massive amounts of body bags - that someone told him about, some inside secret squirrel.

I'm 43 man, I'm so sick of hearing this B.S., it's the SAME **** from the 1990s and the Clinton Years. :rolleyes:

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,136 Posts
I vote for Government Agent.

OK, I give up. I was the second man from the grassy knoll.

·
RINO
1,862 Posts
Today I heard of a new group called Predators. The largest one in my state is in Raleigh NC. These guys are already going to prepper conventions and trying to recruit. When the SHTF they plan on causing trouble. Am I behind the times and just don't know about these people or have they been out there for a while?

·
Old Soldier
5,068 Posts
I freely admit I live a sheltered life, but what the heck is a "prepper convention"? I never heard of this. Is it like a Star Trek convention? Or maybe a VFW convention?

·
Super Gassy Moderator
66,290 Posts
Who knows any more? The last new person to come on here immediately started talking about FEMA camps and the government's acquisition of massive amounts of body bags - that someone told him about, some inside secret squirrel.

I'm 43 man, I'm so sick of hearing this B.S., it's the SAME **** from the 1990s and the Clinton Years. :rolleyes:
It never changes, does it? And each new batch of preppers thinks it's new.

·
Renaissance Man
7,503 Posts
I freely admit I live a sheltered life, but what the heck is a "prepper convention"? I never heard of this. Is it like a Star Trek convention? Or maybe a VFW convention?
We get together a couple times a year and swap goods, trades, ideas, and keep networked. It's invitation only, and you only get the invite if...

Oh wait, you didn't get an invite? Well there must be a reason!
:D:

Az

·
Old Soldier
5,068 Posts
We get together a couple times a year and swap goods, trades, ideas, and keep networked. It's invitation only, and you only get the invite if...

Oh wait, you didn't get an invite? Well there must be a reason!
:D:

Az
In my minds eye I could see a bunch of older, out-of-shape guys wearing funny hats getting drunk and telling wars stories.:D:

·
Knowledge is portable...
1,109 Posts
Being so new here myself, I thought I had missed something. I was "googling" all the terms I knew to use to see about this. Couldn't find anything. Glad I'm not the only one.

·
Para Bellum
3,855 Posts
Never heard of a prepper convention.
There have been several Preparedness Conventions or Prepper Expos over the last year or so.
There was just one in St Louis a few months ago. Lots of companies represented, and some good and some bad classes. Fairly good discounts.

Self Reliance Expo Oct 7 & 8, 2011 Sandy, Utah
Oklahoma Prepper Conference Oct 22, 2011
Preparedness Expo July 31, 2011 Spokane

are just a few

1 - 20 of 23 Posts