Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chadd and I are starting a new group due to problems with the way the old one was run. Ah hindsight! If only we knew then what we know now. This is the tentative contract we were planning on using (members of the old group are NOT invited) and would love to get your thoughts. What have we forgotten? What should we remove? What should we take out? What makes you laugh?

I should explain a few things. I am the landowner. There is an existing cabin on the land. The cabin is in decent shape and doesn't need much. Chadd and I already have some supplies and approx 10 week of stored food. Chadd and I both believe in a more low-key, stealthy approach. There is room for 10 people comfortably at the cabin and that fits into our approach of laying low.

Goal –A dedicated group of like-minded individuals formed to preserve and improve life of the group under adverse or unusual circumstances.
• Membership of the group is limited to 10.
• Regular meetings shall be held to discuss progress and direction of the group and promote camaraderie.
• All members will have to 'buy in' either with supplies and/or finances to equal AND a skill. 'Buy In' is determined by the value of common use equipment and stored supplies available at time of application. Skill set will be evaluated and assigned a value.
• Non-members are not to be brought to the site under any circumstances. Non-members are not to be brought to a meeting. Violation of this rule is cause for dismissal from the group with NO REFUND of any contributions made.
• New membership will be discussed amongst the group and voted on by the majority prior to any invitation being extended.
• New members will be probationary and site will not be disclosed for a period of time not to exceed 6 months. Probationary period will end with unanimous group vote. All monetary contributions of new members will be held during probation. All monetary contributions made during the probation will be refunded if not accepted. 'Buy in' is due at the end of the probation period. New members will be required to attend regular meetings. New members may be required to attend food prep meetings.
• The leader of the group shall have the general power to manage and control the affairs and property (equipment/supply, food prep) of the group.
• After SHTF, all members will be informed of ‘major’ decisions, however, the leader will have the sole authority to make the decision.
• The leader of the group shall designate someone as 2nd in command.
• The leader of the group shall have the power to appoint members to specific duties/responsibilities (i.e. medical, security) for the betterment of the group.
• A member of the group appointed to a specific duty/responsibility has the authority to make decisions for the betterment of the group so long as those decisions do not violate the bylaws of the group.
• The leader of the group or any member designated a specific duty may resign that position at any meeting.
• The leader of the group can be removed by a vote of the majority of the group.
• The group may adopt additional bylaws at any meeting by two-thirds majority vote.
• Accounting of all group purchases and activities will be kept. The accounting will be divided into equipment/supply purchased, food purchased, site improvement, and man/hours. Any time a new member joins the group, an accounting of equipment/supply and food prep will be done.
• There is a minimum weekly fee for food prep. Meetings will be scheduled for group activities related to food prep (i.e. purchasing, canning, smoking meat, etc.) Menu of food supply will be determined by the group. Specific foods (comfort foods) are the responsibility of and the property of the individual.
• All members of the group will contribute man-hours or the equivalent in supplies/tools for the improvement of the site. Improvements to the site will be discussed and voted on by the members at the regular meetings. Improvements to the site will be determined as either refundable or non-refundable at time of discussion and assigned a value prior to any improvement being done. *For example: planting of strawberries could be considered non-refundable and therefore would be assigned no value, however, building of a storage shed would increase the value of the property, would be considered refundable and therefore assigned a value in the accounting. Financing and man-hours equivalent will be determined by the group and voted on. Man-hours equivalent for improvement will be determined individually for each improvement and voted on by the group. Landowner has the right to refuse any site-improvement that in their opinion would lower the value of their property.
• All members of the group are required to provide certain items (see attached list) for their personal use. Items can be added to this list by majority vote of the membership. The items on this list are to be considered mandatory; however, exemptions will be considered and can be voted on by the membership.
• All members will provide the minimum list of First Aid Supplies. All first aid supplies on the attached list will be deemed group property and are considered NON-REFUNDABLE. Any specialty first aid items required by the individual are the individual’s responsibility and sole property.
• A member of the group can resign from the group at any meeting. Since an unfair hardship could be caused by a member leaving the group, there will be a minimal refund. An accounting will be done of the cost of equipment/supply purchased and the cost of any site improvements purchased during the time of membership. Food prep and work on site improvement will NOT be refunded. The amount of refund will be determined by total financial contributions made toward equipment/supply and site improvement during membership of the group. Weekly fee for food prep is non-refundable. Man-hours spent on site improvement are non-refundable. If the amount determined to be refunded is less than $1000, the refund will be issued in 6 or less equal monthly installments commencing 30 days after resignation, to be determined by remaining group membership. If the amount exceeds $1000, the refund will be issued in 12 or less equal monthly installments, commencing 60 days after resignation, to be determined by remaining group membership. All personal items (i.e. clothing, recreational, specialty food items, and membership required items from list) will be returned to member within 7 days of resignation.
• Certain behaviors cannot and will not be tolerated by the group. Any documented behavior demonstrating fraud, or abuse of trust will be discussed by the group and could lead to dismissal from the group. Any member dismissed by two-thirds majority vote of the group will be entitled to a minimal refund. The refund for dismissal will be determined by total financial contributions made toward equipment/supply and site improvement during membership of the group. Weekly fee for food prep is non-refundable. Man-hours spent on site improvement is non-refundable. If the amount determined to be refunded is less than $1000, the refund will be issued in 6 or less equal monthly installments commencing 60 days after dismissal, to be determined by remaining group membership. If the amount exceeds $1000, the refund will be issued in 12 or less equal monthly installments, commencing 90 days after dismissal, to be determined by remaining group membership. All personal items (i.e. clothing, recreational, specialty food items, and membership required items from list) will be returned to member within 7 days of dismissal.
• If the landowner resigns, an accounting of financial contributions to equipment/supply purchased during membership will be determined and equipment/supply will be distributed amongst members on the basis of contributions made within 30 days. An accounting of food prep costs during membership will be determined and food stores will be distributed amongst members on the basis of contributions made within 30 days. An accounting of refundable site-improvement costs during membership will be determined and members will be issued a refund based on contributions made. Any refunds issued to members due to land owner resignation will be as follows: If the amount determined to be refunded is less than $600, the refund will be issued in 6 or less equal monthly installments commencing 30 days after dissolution. If the amount exceeds $600, the refund will be issued in 12 or less equal monthly installments, commencing 60 days after dissolution. All personal items (i.e. clothing, recreational, specialty food items, and membership required items from list) will be returned to members within 30 days of resignation.
• If the group votes with 2/3 majority to dissolve, an accounting of financial contributions to equipment/supply purchased during membership will be determined and equipment/supply will be distributed amongst members on the basis of contributions made within 30 days. An accounting of food prep costs during membership will be determined and food stores will be distributed amongst members on the basis of contributions made within 30 days. There will be NO REFUND for site-improvement contributions. All personal items (i.e. clothing, recreational, specialty food items, and membership required items from list) will be returned to members within 30 days of dissolution.

If you want to see the specifics of the additional lists, I can post them also.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts