Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I heart mylar
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking I would like to buy some land up in North Texas. I'm in South Texas now only about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Mexico. With everything going on, I don't really like being that close to Mexico.

I could afford to buy a few acres somewhere but would love to have more. With only a few acres, no telling who might live next to you. And it's not always easy to find people selling just a few acres.

I think it would be cool to combine resources with other preppers to buy a larger piece of land. Say maybe 5 preppers that buy a 15 acre piece of land (3 acres each adjoining each other) or 10 preppers buy a 30 acre piece of land.

Just throwing it out there. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I'd think you first need to define north and what areas your talking about looking at (may help narrow the field down a bit). I think it would be a little rough finding that many people and actually agreeing on say five pieces right next to each other ("the pond is on the parcel you want - I want that one"). May be comical to sit down and see that hashed out.

·
I heart mylar
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol could be steepoe. But I've seen some with land asking for preppers to move onto their land with them, and say "it's my way or the highway". I'll pass on that. If I can have no say, and if we can't have a semi-democracy, I'll pass.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Texas

Sadie, we are moving back to Texas in a few months and will be looking for some land to put a fifth wheel on and build an underground shelter. we want to be near the gulf though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would love to do that, however; if I had money, the first thing I would do is buy a vehicle so I can bug out if necessary. It's scary, not having transportation if you need to evacuate or bug out. I live in South Texas too and it's getting worse by the day and I, for one; am sick to death in living in fear all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts