Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!

I am soon the be in possession of several pieces of body armour as follows;
2 level III steel plates, 12x10"
2 level IV ceramic plates, 12x10"
1 level IIIA kevlar/PE vest, upper torso
10-20 levl III titanium plates, 4,5x4,5"

And what I am wondering is that, how should I wear the body armour?

I was thinking of having the small titanium plates spread across my body to cover vital areas, such as groin, kneecap, elbow etc. and ofcourse having the vest to cover my upper torso.

But here is the issiue.

How should I order my larger plates? Should I have the ceramic IV plates closest to my body (outside of the IIIA vest) and then have the steel III plates furthest away from my body?

Or should I have the ceramic plates furthest away and having the steel plates closest to my body?

Wich one is the most efficent way of wearing them?

I know I will be heavy as hell and I have made my choice between protection and mobility and I have obviously chosen protection. :)
Playing all to many survival/horror games, reading about the rise of new powers and hearing about the collapsing economy have made me choosing protection before mobility since I might be needing the protection for a very long time.

Many thanks!
Erhard

·
Experiment 626
2,311 Posts
Playing all to many survival/horror games,
Erhard
I think line says it all. Wearing multiple stacked plates is going to have you laying there like a turtle on your back, unable to move. Use the extra steel plates for something different.. like perhaps the back of your car seat to prevent being shot from the rear. Or perhaps in your backpack for the same purpose? Just a few ideas.

·
Totally off grid
2,882 Posts
I saw the title and it brought immediate thoughts of my days in Viet Nam. I was a crew chief on a Huey and we sat on our flak jackets. Had many a grunt ask us why...when we explained, they usually took off their helmets and sat on them. Gotta protect the twins.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts