Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so now i know of what could happen when SHTF. So i need a better Bug Out Bag and contents Plz help
;)
(Right now its like a hiking bag)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My contents in my bag are:
1 SCHRADE long knife
1 water can
1 walking stick
4 maps of the area in every direction
1 medium notebook
2 bag hard candies
3 lighters
1 box matches
8 AA batteries
1 flaslight
1 small radio
3 bottles water
3 MRE
1 roll of duct tape
2 bottles subcriptions meds
1 tylenol bottle
water purifacation tablets
3 snare wires
50ft of rope
hunting camo
1 gun lock
5 boxes of 22 rounds
1 22 rifle
1 9mm
3 full clips for 9mm

I will carry the 9mm and 22 (with the clips for 9mm) but the rest is in my bag tell me what you think, i just got alot of this today.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
sounds like you have the contents all worked out now just go get a medium or large alice pack at your local surplus store.

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
Get two more water containers and make a good first aid kit. Poncho and lightweight blanket. Get a LED head light that uses the same batteries. Swap the medium notebook for a pocketsize pad. Break down the MRE's to save space. map compass.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Question on contents

1 SCHRADE long knife
1 water can
1 walking stick
1 medium notebook
2 bag hard candies
3 lighters
1 box matches
8 AA batteries
1 flaslight
1 small radio
3 bottles water
3 MRE
1 roll of duct tape
1 tylenol bottle
3 snare wires
50ft of rope
hunting camo
1 gun lock
5 boxes of 22 rounds
1 22 rifle
1 9mm
3 full clips for 9mm

I will carry the 9mm and 22 (with the clips for 9mm) but the rest is in my bag tell me what you think, i just got alot of this today.

Do you not fear lugging around a 22 rifle if something happens? Would it not draw unwanted attention from any law enforcement that you might run into? I agree that this would be a very nice addition to the handgun, but what is your thinking behind problems it may cause if you were walking around with it?

Love the ideas on the other things.

·
Forever Vigilant
2,260 Posts
A BOB (bug out bag) is to get you from one location (one that you no longer want to stay at) to a secure location. You need to decide what is right for you based on the terrains and climates that you have to traverse. Think in terms of survival for the length of time you think you will be between the two places.

Everyone needs Food, Water, and Shelter to survive.

• You need a tent, or a good tarp for basic shelter and a way to tie it down/out
• You need a way to carry and to filter and/or purify water
>MSR or Katadyn hand filter or similar
>water purification tablets
>metal cup or bowl for boiling water
>manual straining device
• Temporary easy to prepare food
>MREs
>Freeze Dried
>Canned (kind of heavy for a BOB, though)
>Dehydrated foods
• Ways to procure more food (hunting/fishing)

You will also want a way navigate, make fire, and changes of clothes. You should carry first aid and medications. You will certainly want to carry a knife or 3 and probably an axe or saw for making expedient shelters and fires and use as weapons/hunting. Some of us also carry guns and some do not. There are lots of other items you may want or need.

The best way for you to find out is to put yourself into a planned survival scenario so you can make better decisions about what you want to carry and what you may or may not need for your given conditions.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
First start with a bol in mind. If you try to plan for every possible thing you'll have way too much. Are you planning on bugging out via somekind of a vehicle, on foot, how far will you have to go? Is extreme heat or cold a factor in your area? There are some items that you should carry everywhere such as a knife, firestarter, small flashlight, etc.
if I have to bo it will use a car if possible. I can then take all of my weapons, clothing, equipment etc. If I must go on foot I'm really limited. Assuming your going on foot to a predetermined location that contains a cache of survival supplies i would fill my bob with the following.
matches
magnesium firestarter
bic lighter
a couple small knives
buck folding hunter
leatherman surge
SOG seal pup
frontier water filter
a large sheet of tin foil folder over really small
paracord or something similiar
extra ammo for my weapons
knife sharpener
1 silva compass
2 pin-on compasses
extra socks
stocking cap
a few fishhooks, sinkers and line.
I would also try to be wearing a good pair of boots and a warm coat and wide brimmed hat.
for weapons i would take my ruger blackhawk 357mgnum, (22/45 pistol in the bag) .38 snubbie in pocket, and possible a 30-30 rifle. the rifle would depend on whether or not people saw me with it.
I'd take a lot more if i was able to use my car. this gear doesn't weight much more than 10lbs. weapons and ammo excluded

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
1 SCHRADE long knife
1 water can
1 walking stick
1 medium notebook
2 bag hard candies
3 lighters
1 box matches
8 AA batteries
1 flaslight
1 small radio
3 bottles water
3 MRE
1 roll of duct tape
1 tylenol bottle
3 snare wires
50ft of rope
hunting camo
1 gun lock
5 boxes of 22 rounds
1 22 rifle
1 9mm
3 full clips for 9mm

Try magazines for the 9 mm. Most handguns aren't clip fed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts