Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who keeps some sort of clothing in thier BOB. I keep a pair of generic under armour (I can't aford the real stuff) and three changes of socks. I also keep two pars of gloves and a white t-shirt (double as wear or gun cloth).

I'm curious as to what clothing you guys keep in you BOB as extras and supliments.

·
To secure peace is to...
4,194 Posts
Who keeps some sort of clothing in thier BOB. I keep a pair of generic under armour (I can't aford the real stuff) and three changes of socks. I also keep two pars of gloves and a white t-shirt (double as wear or gun cloth).

I'm curious as to what clothing you guys keep in you BOB as extras and supliments.
I would ditch the cotton-Tee shirt. They can kill you, literally. Cotton absorbs moisture, you really need a moisture wicking t-shirt. They won't allow that water to stay on your body in cold weather. They are cheap too:

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___25950

·
Improvise Adapt Overcome!
12,007 Posts
I keep 2 each of Kaki BDU's, undies, socks and T shirts in my back pack so I can run off camping, or back packing on a whim at any time. I keep a hoodie next to the pack and grab that as well. In addition, I allways have 3 days of dried food (soup mixes) either in the pack, and beef jerky next to it (so it's easy to rotate if I go a long period without camping).

As soon as I return, I do laundry, and re pack with the clean cloths.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would ditch the cotton-Tee shirt. They can kill you, literally. Cotton absorbs moisture, you really need a moisture wicking t-shirt. They won't allow that water to stay on your body in cold weather. They are cheap too:

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___25950
It's more for absorbing moisture, I want every thing I pack to have a double function if I can. Better a t-**** than a rag was my thinking.

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
I keep a full change of clothes (for the season) and have needed to use them several times. Since the bag is in my car its easy to access and use an item when needed.

None of the clothes are anything tactical or special. Just a ordinary change of clothes.

Reactions: Maverick88

·
531 Posts
My BOB is big enough and they're light enough so I have one set each of woodland BDU's and a set of digital ACU's. A pair of lightweight wicking socks and heavyweight poly winter sox. Two 'sand' colored wicking t-shirts. Gloves and knit hat are also in there somewhere. Stuff sacks are great for getting all that stuff compressed into really small 'footprint' in the BOB.

·
cute is not always enough
2,232 Posts
I have a pair of old blue jeans, a rib knit shirt, two pair of pants, two pair of socks plus a pair of heavy socks, knit gloves, scarf, toque,

I think a proper go-bag needs to cover you from head to toe. Do you shower in your BDUs? I assume I will be naked when I am forced to bug out and plan accordingly.

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts

first layer;
thick long socks
thermal underwear
green t-shirt
black waterproof trousers (yes I wear them under)
black beanie hat
leather gloves

2nd;
green hooded jumper
Driza-bone heavy coat (Australians may know this)
green belt (goes around coat)
Schott BDUs
highpoint shin moisture guards
mountainlife boots

More socks and underwear depending on time out.

·
Student/Teacher
164 Posts
I have a full change of clothes rolled up with the pant leg acting as a stuff sack, and a poncho in the top of my pack. I also have a long john shirt pants set and fleece hoody and pants two pair wool socks rolled up like wise along with a insulated vest and a pair of deck type shoes in a separate bag clipped outside my pack. In my truck I also keep an extra set of carhart bib overalls and coat, and summer and winter boots

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a pair of old blue jeans, a rib knit shirt, two pair of pants, two pair of socks plus a pair of heavy socks, knit gloves, scarf, toque,

I think a proper go-bag needs to cover you from head to toe. Do you shower in your BDUs? I assume I will be naked when I am forced to bug out and plan accordingly.
I'm trying to get used to wearing clothes to bed to aviod that, LOL. Old habits die hard.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a full change of clothes rolled up with the pant leg acting as a stuff sack, and a poncho in the top of my pack. I also have a long john shirt pants set and fleece hoody and pants two pair wool socks rolled up like wise along with a insulated vest and a pair of deck type shoes in a separate bag clipped outside my pack. In my truck I also keep an extra set of carhart bib overalls and coat, and summer and winter boots

good stuff, i like the idea of cliping on an extra bag with boots. I refuse to sleep with boots on.

I also like the trunk kit, I have limited supplies so my trunk kit has been slowly finding it's way into my BOB piece by piece. I tend to bring it with me every where any way.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.