Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, pardon my ignorance here. I've been getting a "gist" of what the Bug out bag means. Here's my stab at it.

The bag you grab, when you have to leave at a moments notice. It is meant to sustain you or give you the tools to sustain yourself, till you can get to a BOL (Bug out location) a safe place, stocked with supplies, where you can bunker down and survive the initial chaos of whatever the "SHTF" scenario might be.

For some who don't have a BOL, it will at least get you out of the crisis area to a safer place.

I was trying to find this info using the search feature and got 600 pages of results, which I don't have time to sift through.

Is there anything else that I've missed?

Friends of mine want me to share with them my preparations and I want to make sure that I'm giving them the right information.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds about right.Can be anywhere from a pocket tin to a duffel bag for some people.Mine is a large alice pack.
Appreciate the feed back. I've been in "survival mode" since I was a teenager. But I've never known about the "official" definitions till I joined this forum. That part is still a learning curve. So, now that I am being asked to pass on info, I was to make sure that I've got the definitions straight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts