Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
planner and prepper
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking first and foremost one would be fun. :thumb:

But also a quiet way to take doves, and such. Anyone use them. Coldstell has their "professional line" which are .625 diameter models that are 4 or 5 feet in length and they are on sale this weekend both under $30 each. I was wondering if I could get a similarly diameter piece of PVC pipe, make my own tube and then use their ammo. Let me know what you think, what you use and how you like it! Thanks

Ed

·
Bush Walker
4,037 Posts
I have owned a cold steel .625 for a year now and really enjoy it. After a bit of practice you can get pretty good and accurate - even rig some fishing line and "spear" some smaller fish with it as well as the usual birds and bunnies and such

Ive only taken fish with it but the mini broadhead and razor ammo is real good stuff

Id say get one along with an xtra quiver or 2 to secure to the blowgun body to hold xtra darts and get 2 big bags of darts - have fun!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
If you want to use PVC pipe you will need to route it into a wooden shaft. PVC will droop on you. Get a 1 x 4 or two tomato stakes and route a proper size grove down the centers. Put in your PVC and lash. If the tube is straight, untie and glue the lathes together. I made mine out of cedar. It is a lot of fun. Good luck.

·
What Smell?
69 Posts
I have a Cold Steel Big Bore, using darts of all type only yield lizards here in the desert. Then I started using a electrical wire nuts with a heavy screw threaded into the front. Now I commonly take quail, dove, ground squirrels, and rabbits. The latter of the two take head shots. I am going back to my .50 cal pipe, I get better velocity. When I am around water I have some bamboo darts that I made a barb on with an attached line and toss crumbs on the water and take lots of small fish rising up and frogs at night. The only reason I don't use a .40 is because a .50 is much stronger and holds up in the field better. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Cold Steel big bore 1pc. here also, nect will be a big bore 2 pc for my pack. Impressive accuracy with a little practice. Plan on taking with my .22 in the woods for small game hunting this fall as well as during deer season to take a couple squirrels that tease me during deer season, LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought a 625 coldsteel and this thing shoots very good. I like it very much especialy the small broad heada and the stun darts. shot one of the stun darts through a hollowcore door.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts